Welcome to the forum, Pippi. 🙂

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

welcome to the forum, what are you getting and where? x

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome, even if yuour not wearing ink it ia a great idea to get some information from people who have some, alot of first tattoo experiences arent good ones and we are trying to make that better

Pippi Longstocking
Participant
@pippi-longstocking

Thanks everyone for giving me such a nice welcome!

I want song lyrics-I think on my upper back. If I was a guy I would do the inside forearm but I’m not.

I welcome input–positive or negative:)
I’ve had tat “haters” tell me it’s a bad idea, but it’s
What I want.

Looking forward to your thoughts

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome Pippi.
I’m not a fan of quote tattoos because they are the current fad and I think getting a fad tattoo is a bad idea because it will soon be out of style but it’s permanently on you. There is a lot of people walking around with some pretty lame nautical star tattoos. But get what you want.

Pippi Longstocking
Participant
@pippi-longstocking

It won’t go out of my style. See this rock star’s music has gotten me through every day of life since I was 13 yrs old. That’s 30 yrs and the lyrics mean a lot to me…they are in the depths of my heart. All things go out of style and people’s ways of thinking do change so any tat you get can eventually be a”mistake.”. As for me, 30 yrs is worth the risk 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler
Pippi Longstocking;104825 wrote:
It won’t go out of my style. See this rock star’s music has gotten me through every day of life since I was 13 yrs old. That’s 30 yrs and the lyrics mean a lot to me…they are in the depths of my heart. All things go out of style and people’s ways of thinking do change so any tat you get can eventually be a”mistake.”. As for me, 30 yrs is worth the risk 🙂

Understood… but couldn’t you or an artist come up with a much more creative and eye pleasing image to represent the lyrics? So this way the inspirational meaning will still be there but you’ll have a much nicer looking tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Pippi Longstocking;104825 wrote:

Sorry Pippi I hadn’t realized your age. I assumed you were just another punk kind following the latest trend.
As Adler said maybe you could come up with a pic that represents the lyrics of the song? What song? maybe we can help give you some ideas some of us are pretty creative.
Anyways get what you want.

Pippi Longstocking
Participant
@pippi-longstocking

Adler, Brilliant suggestion and I think I will use it, but after the lyrics 😉
As a writer, I find art in the poetry of the lyrics and the handwritting of the artist.

These are not the lyrics i want, but it is the artist’s handwriting – on my Instagram.
http://instagr.am/p/f54Y9/

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Cool. Who is it? Jim Morrison?

Pippi Longstocking
Participant
@pippi-longstocking

No…take another guess :p. There is a big hint on the tatt

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Ah Springsteen

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i dont have a problem with text or quotes tbh, i think they can look lovely, i myself have some text on my ribs though its not a quote. but… im really sorry i dont like the handwriting, i think it risks just looking like a really poor artist scribbled on you :S i think that you would benefit more from choosing a really nice script that fits the space you want to use better, and i agree that pimping it out with some other elements would be good. i intend to decoarte my script when im brave enough to go back to the ribs but im a wimp and it reaaaalllly hurts lol x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.