Kleenax
Participant
@kleenax

Hi, my name is Nick, obviously I’m new here.
I’m actually looking into getting my first tattoo pretty soon after agonizing about for roughly 2 years lol. (I’m very indecisive) I’ve pretty much determined what I want to get although I’m not to sure as to where I really want to put it. I’m looking to becoming an active member on this board as after lurking for a while everyone seems to be pretty good at what they do and have a lot of great information and suggestions.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forum Nick 🙂

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welcome. I you have thought about it or 2 years (and you are legal age), it’s highly unlikely you will regret it.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome aboard Nick.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Welcome! Good luck with your ink! Let us know what you decide, and make sure you post some pics!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi Nick and welcome to the forum! Can’t wait to see what you get! 🙂

Kleenax
Participant
@kleenax

Thank you all for the welcome. As for my tattoo I’m going with the ever so unpopular text approach as I have found a really good quote that describes my very well and has been a major source of motivation to me. I’m not to concerned what others think about it as it’s my choice. I couldn’t really find any artwork that really spoke to me as strongly as the quote. My only real delay in getting it is that I’m a large fellow and have been loosing a lot of weight and don’t know if I should wait until after I’ve hit my goal weight official ahead and do it relatively soon.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, depending on the placement of the tattoo and the size difference of current and target weight, the tattoo shouldn’t change much at all. It might grow smaller a bit, but you can counter that by making it bigger to begin with 🙂

That being said, if you don’t particularly need it to happen right away, I’d wait until you’ve reached your goal.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Welcome Nick, I agonised over it for 18 Years lol

Kleenax
Participant
@kleenax

Well, my target weight is about another 30 lbs. So I think I’ll take the wait and see approach but I’m sure glad I found this site as it’s very helpful for someone like me who’s new to the tattooing culture. Any tips for me while I search for an artist?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Kleenax;100068 wrote:
Any tips for me while I search for an artist?

There are fantastic portrait artists who suck at line work, phenomenal color artists who suck at black and gray, and so forth. Make sure you find an artist that is good at the type of tattoo you want (e.g. line work).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.