tattooornottattoo
Participant
@tattooornottattoo

Hi everyone! My name is Emily and currently I am ink free! I am 24, married, and from an ink free family. I am in a bit of a quandry. There is a tattoo that I want, but I am really freaked out that it might go wrong or something. Plus, it’s there forever! Do any of you regret getting your tattoos? The one I want is (girly, I know) a butterfly with the breast cancer ribbon inbetween the wings (my mum is terminally ill with breast cancer and it would be like a tribute to her). This may sound flaky to you, but I just want to hear other people’s thoughts! It would only be a small one and I would get it done on my hip or somewhere where it wouldn’t be on display all the time; a bit more personal. The other thing is that my husband isn’t keen on the idea! He did say ‘It’s your body, do what you want’ but I don’t want him to hate it!! Advice?!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome Emily. If you want the tattoo get it.Somebody in your family has to break the stigma.
I’m sorry about your mom, if she is terminal spend as much time with her as possible.
Again welcome.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’m with buttwheat.

Go to a truly good artist and you won’t have to worry about whether or not he or she is going to screw it up. We can help you if you tell us where you live and/or post links to the online portfolios of the artists you are considering.

I do somewhat regret my 1st tat, but only because it now limits what else I put there. ๐Ÿ˜€

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Welcome to the forum. You should get the tattoo, but make sure you do your research and find a good tattoo artist. When you go to a tattoo shop, review portfolios and pick the artist that you dig the most. Don’t settle for whoever is available. Even though it’s a small design, the hip is very difficult to tattoo and requires solid technique.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Welcome to the forum, I agree with the votes so far, go for it.

Megan

tattooornottattoo
Participant
@tattooornottattoo

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚ I am seeing a friend tonight who is going to help me design the tattoo properly. Will upload the design once it’s all sorted. Fingers crossed!

Marty
Participant
@marty

I got my first tattoo for the same reason as you,I was also the first in the family to get one. Since then ive had three more and booked in for another, also brother and sister in law have got tattoos done.

It was a big step for me but something ill never regret and look forward to getting more as is the rest of the family ๐Ÿ™‚

As the others say, pick your artist well and it will end up something your proud of.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚ sorry about your mother.

If you want a tattoo don’t let anything stop you. ๐Ÿ™‚

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Balance out all of your concerns and do what is in your heart. I’m the first one with a tattoo in my family, and my wife wasn’t keen on the idea when I got it, but she likes it more now.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1
tattooornottattoo;97862 wrote:
Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚ I am seeing a friend tonight who is going to help me design the tattoo properly.

Is your friend a tattoo artist?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forum, and truly sorry to hear about your mother.

Unless your friend is a very good tattoo artist, be aware that the tattoo artist will most likely need to change your design (slightly, and for the better) to turn it into a tattoo.

As the others have said, tell us where you’re located and perhaps the people here can direct you to a good artist so that you will be sure to get the best possible tattoo you can get.

tattooornottattoo
Participant
@tattooornottattoo

No, she’s a graphic designer! I was too full of cold to see her anyway. I know what I want (seen different parts in different places) it’s just a case of getting someone to put it together for me! I don’t want to bother a tattoo artist right now as I just want to see what the design would look like, then I can really consider it. Just need someone to make it for me ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. I’m very sorry about your mom. Good luck with the tattoo and I look forward to seeing pics of it. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.