OutOfTheAshes
Participant
@outoftheashes

Hello all,

I’m just about to get back into a previous apprenticeship and I am very excited.

I’ve always loved art and working with people and was fascinated by tattoos when I first got a glimpse of tattoo magazines as a young teen. In time I went to a shop looking for an apprenticeship. They saw the potential in my art and personality and so I began my time as an apprentice. I loved the work, but was plagued by the “go to college” bug.

After two great years I ended up leaving to go to college to pursue a career as an art therapist. I loved that experience and believe strongly in that work, but since graduation I have realized I would have been better off sticking with tattooing for many reasons – surely the same reasons most of you chose the path as well.

After much consideration and research, I decided it was time to get back to tattooing. And here I am now. I am incredibly fortunate that I left my apprenticeship on good terms and look forward to having a lifelong career bringing art to skin.

Wish me luck 🙂

~M

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Megan

OutOfTheAshes
Participant
@outoftheashes

Thanks Megan 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome.

Cool story.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey and welcome to the forum! Glad to see someone following their dreams! Can we see some of your art? :):):)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your apprenticeship 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome. Congrats on the apprenticeship

OutOfTheAshes
Participant
@outoftheashes

Some art? Sure! I will dig some up and post it under my profile. Thanks for the welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.