swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

Hi all,

I’ve just joined here as I’m down to get my first tattoo tomorrow afternoon. I’ll get a piccy up as soon as I’m able to take one of it – I’ll warn you tho, its not your typical blood, skull, roses etc type tattoo

but basically its my 1st anniversary coming up and I’m getting something as a reminder for me and the missus…

I’ve always wanted a tattoo…I was going to get one for my 18th birthday, then my 21st, then my 25th and I just never seemed to get around to it. I’m hoping that by getting this done I can make myself get some of the ones I’ve wanted over the years and never did!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting your first tommorow i hope it go’s well. Im looking foreword to seing some pictures 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Fantastic! Welcome to the forum. Hope you get all the tattoos you’ve been dreaming of! 🙂

swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

hi

thanks for the welcome.

well, I got it done. was a little nervous but it wasnt so bad, the black outlining wasnt painful at all and after a while I found that I wasnt noticing anything…then he started colouring it….oh my god, is that so much more painful!

At the 3 hour mark….seriously, I was starting to breathe heavy and was tensing up. Apparently my bodies natural endorphins that block the pain were starting to run out. The guy sprayed some numbing suff on my back and tbh it still hurt but nowhere near as much. Kinda a shame I was getting it bad then as it was only around 20mins from finishing.

anyway, I’ve added a picture of it to my album if you want to view it. Its just after it was done so there’s quite a bit of blood and plasma messing with the colours. Hopefully some time later next week I can get another picture done after its all healed and then the colours will look right.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

hey congrats!

i’m personally not loving the color and proportions but looks to be very cleanly done and linework quite ok. overall i’d say just nice. 🙂

is this baloo from jungle book? care to explain the significance?

i’ll post the pic below if you don’t mind…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

nice tattoo congrats

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Nicely done

swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

Hey all,

I’ve attached a picture taken this morning, its clearing up much more and also you can see the image more straight on, whereas the one posted above is from the side and it seems to make it look out of proportion. (edit, there’s a few more in the album…)

As for a little explanation. Its my 1st years anniversary in a few weeks and me and the wife had always said we should get tattoos to commerorate it.

Basically tho, I chose mine because she firstly is a disney fan (hence the disney feel and that the bear is baloo from Jungle Book). Also she likes butterflies and they were part of our wedding design, the S and the J on the butterfly wings are her initials. The butterfly is purple because again that was the main colour of our wedding theme.

Also I am a much bigger person than my wife, hence the size difference between the bear and the butterfly. Also one of her names for me is her bear.

Finally there was a running joke between us that I never buy her flowers, so I thought it’d be funny for her (the butterfly) to be presenting me (the bear) with a flower.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Looks good. 🙂 Looks like nice, clean work.

Amok
Participant
@amok

i like it, nice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.