metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Talk is cheap in the world of art – talk is for politicians. If you are too ashamed to show your work (art on paper or tattoo) in a tattoo community which is inherently art, then why bother coming here at all? And why come in with such a defensive attitude. You’ve admitted already you will take your lumps, so just join, post, and roll with it. And share your work.

Turbocharged
Participant
@turbocharged
metalmancpa;94588 wrote:
Talk is cheap in the world of art – talk is for politicians. If you are too ashamed to show your work (art on paper or tattoo) in a tattoo community which is inherently art, then why bother coming here at all? And why come in with such a defensive attitude. You’ve admitted already you will take your lumps, so just join, post, and roll with it. And share your work.

I’ve been a member for all of two days, it may take a little longer than that to jump in and start posting my work. And I explained that the defensive attitude is due to past experiences, both on other forums and in person (and let’s be honest, when there are people on this forum proclaiming “death to scratchers”, a certain amount of defensiveness is understandable).
If you guys have to see my work RIGHT NOW then I must disappoint, there are a lot of things I have to take care of before having fun online. I’m waiting for my order of needles to arrive, my shitty power supply is suffering a slow and dramatic death, I just started a new job, had to shell out a good deal of money to pay for classes this fall, classes start in a few weeks, on and on and on.
I’ve got a couple half-finished sketches, and a few ideas. I promise I’ll share them with you as soon as I get the time, but at the moment there are more pressing real-life chores, so the internet can wait.

Yeah, talk is cheap. So is everything on the internet. Internet takes a backseat to life.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum,Matt. :):)

Amok
Participant
@amok

Welcome mate, don’t worry about the elitists here, as long as you’re not butchering people its fine.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan
buttwheat;94578 wrote:
Why do we welcome scratchers here? Fuck that

have you seen the messages which we show when people sign up?

Adler;94586 wrote:
They’re coming out of the woodwork, this place seems to be a welcome breeding ground for scratchers. But as long as there are losers out there who will settle for cheap, shitty tattoos (and don’t even realize it) there will be people creating them.

I have always had a no unlicensed tattoo discussion on here but what level do we go to? stop everyone from asking if their work is ok unless they are confirmed artists?

and even then half the countires or some states just dont have any laws so there is no way to confirm any pro artists anyway.

im open to suiggestions i you have any

Turbocharged
Participant
@turbocharged
turbosatan;94611 wrote:
have you seen the messages which we show when people sign up?

I have always had a no unlicensed tattoo discussion on here but what level do we go to? stop everyone from asking if their work is ok unless they are confirmed artists?

and even then half the countires or some states just dont have any laws so there is no way to confirm any pro artists anyway.

Today I looked up my state laws on tattooing.
I live in Massachusetts, which leaves the regulations up to the town and city BoH.
Then I called my local BoH, who (after many transfers and searching for someone that actually knew the town BoH requirements) informed me that the only requirements are that a BUSINESS have its facility inspected and approved by the BoH. There are no regulations for private non-commercial tattooing.
I admit, I’m surprised. Gonna have to change my signature, because apparently I’m not defying the government by tattooing. Oh well. When that rebellious urge hits me I’ll just jump on the motorcycle and break some traffic ordinances.

Adler
Participant
@adler

There’s a couple of good shops in Mass, I love Off the Map in Easthampton and Redemption in Cambridge. What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
turbosatan;94611 wrote:

A scratcher is a scratcher and in most cases they are untrained in blood pathogenesis, have not been trained in the proper techniques in tattooing, they work out of their house. Everywhere the laws are different and that really doesn’t matter. You and I both knowwhat they are when you see one.
Scrtachers are not welcomed by me and if they are welcome here this is not the correct forum for me (which many of you are probably going thank god)

Turbocharged
Participant
@turbocharged
Adler;94649 wrote:
There’s a couple of good shops in Mass, I love Off the Map in Easthampton and Redemption in Cambridge. What kind of motorcycle do you ride?

An ’86 Honda VFR700F2.

buttwheat;94650 wrote:
A scratcher is a scratcher and in most cases they are untrained in blood pathogenesis, have not been trained in the proper techniques in tattooing, they work out of their house. Everywhere the laws are different and that really doesn’t matter. You and I both knowwhat they are when you see one.
Scrtachers are not welcomed by me and if they are welcome here this is not the correct forum for me (which many of you are probably going thank god)

FWIW, I am trained in bloodborne pathogens, and took an OSHA certified training course (I used to work in a research lab).

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.