hannahevans3
Participant
@hannahevans3

HII!,

Well i basically joined for advice, myself and my fried are going to have tattoos in memorial of my boyfriend/her brother who recently died in a car crash.

We are both proper wimps,

we wanted to know if anyone had any advice such as numbing creams?

I hate needles and nearly faint when i have injections, so probably will do the same, anyone know what i can do for this?

I know some people will tell me not to bother but obviously this is a big thing for us so we can put the pain and my fears to side for a little bit.

We are both having them on our feet also because last year he got run over and broke both his feet so its a symbolic thing.

Any advice thanks 🙂

Also if anyone here is also from wales, mainly neath or swansea can recommend a good place

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
hannahevans3;93920 wrote:
HII!,

we wanted to know if anyone had any advice such as numbing creams?

I hate needles and nearly faint when i have injections, so probably will do the same, anyone know what i can do for this?

I know some people will tell me not to bother but obviously this is a big thing for us so we can put the pain and my fears to side for a little bit.

Welcome

My advise:
Numbing creams don’t use one.
Fear of needles- Go see a psychologist or hypnotherapist. no really because you are about to have multiple needles jabbed into you thousands of times and it’s painful.
A tattoo is not for you. Go get a tee shirt. Sorry but just being truthful.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I have to agree with buttwheat. Getting a tattoo if you have such a big fear of needles is a big no no and is rather stupid. Just being honest.

Welcome though.

hannahevans3
Participant
@hannahevans3

Well, its not a big fear,

don’t recall saying it was

Hate isn’t a fear

I only want advice on the numbing cream side really, not people telling me i need therapy

Bit of a dramatic thing to tell someone you’ve never met don’t you think?

Amok
Participant
@amok

its not like having an injection or blood taken where the needle is pushed quite deep, tattoo needles only go as deep as the dermal layer of the skin.

it does hurt but i’ve heard that when the numbing cream wears off it will hurt like holy hell.

to help you cope with the pain, think of the reasons you’re doing the tattoo, its nothing compared to the pain some people have suffered.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Pain is a really personal thing. Certainly there are places on the body that hurt more than others, certain techniques and types of needles hurt more than others. So saying a tattoo is nothing like stubbing your toe, after the first 5 min or so it’s more a droning really annoying feeling that over times creeps up and your thinking that it’s really sore, so you ask for a break, or pending where the tattoo is at, come back and get it finished. However if you think the tattoo is bad just wait about 3 days for the itchies to start. Unless you have needle phobia and a tattoo needle doesn’t look a real needle, nor feels like a needle stick ( as in sowing needle). There are many people who will have a lower pain threshold than you that have survived a tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
hannahevans3;93920 wrote:
I hate needles and nearly faint when i have injections,
hannahevans3;93925 wrote:
Well, its not a big fear,

don’t recall saying it was

Hate isn’t a fear

I only want advice on the numbing cream side really, not people telling me i need therapy

Bit of a dramatic thing to tell someone you’ve never met don’t you think?

Nearly passing out seems to me a bit more then hate it seems more like a fear. I hope you can see where people could take almost passing out as a fear not a hate. I hate Brussels sprouts but they don’t make me pass out. So if you really almost passed out you may fear them not just hate them.(unless you were being dramatic)
Some people seek professional help to over come a fear. I was just trying to be helpful.

As for the numbing crap it wears out quickly and the pain comes harder then if you never used it because it doesn’t allow your endorphins to kick in. Using the cream could effect the outcome of the tattoo. Here again don’t listen to me because I have no clue what I’m talking about.

If you want the tattoo just go do it don’t worry about the pain and the needles. If you worry about this stuff you will get yourself all worked up and you will pass out. Relax any pain you feel is temporary the tattoo is forever.

Don’t let this be you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWNtQYss6go

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;93932 wrote:
Nearly passing out seems to me a bit more then hate it seems more like a fear. I hope you can see where people could take almost passing out as a fear not a hate. I hate Brussels sprouts but they don’t make me pass out. So if you really almost passed out you may fear them not just hate them.(unless you were being dramatic)
Some people seek professional help to over come a fear. I was just trying to be helpful.

As for the numbing crap it wears out quickly and the pain comes harder then if you never used it because it doesn’t allow your endorphins to kick in. Using the cream could effect the outcome of the tattoo. Here again don’t listen to me because I have no clue what I’m talking about.

If you want the tattoo just go do it don’t worry about the pain and the needles. If you worry about this stuff you will get yourself all worked up and you will pass out. Relax any pain you feel is temporary the tattoo is forever.

Don’t let this be you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWNtQYss6go

buttwheat you never fail to amuse me.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend 🙁

Don’t even think about numbing creams. They won’t do ANY good at all, and actually probably just make it worse.

Many people that are afraid of needles and drawing blood can get tattooed without problems. It’s not the same thing at all.

As for your nerves about the whole thing, you know it’s going to hurt, but there’s no need to work yourself into a state of anxiety over it. If you’ve ever burned your self, you know the sizzling/burning feeling in your skin… it hurts like hell but it goes away. Accept that it will hurt, go in calm and collected and just enjoy getting tattooed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.