AlyssaDarling
@

I’m thinking of getting my first tattoo and don’t know what to get. I have the meaning for it but no actual image. I want to get something in honor of my dad who, in the last 5 years, has cleaned his life up and is now able to be apart of my life. I want something to represent how proud I am of him and how much I love him and forgive him for missing out on me growing up. Any ideas? Please help! =)

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi and welcome to the forum. Wow, that’s a tall order! It also depends on how elaborate and big you want this. The possibilities are endless. It would really be neat if you each got a tattoo of something symbolizing your unity. It could be something really simple if you wanted it to be. For instance, you could have a tattoo on you that is completed by the one on your dad. (lock and key kind of thing, if that makes sense)

I was thinking if I was going to get a tattoo in honor of my dad, what would I use? What would I want it to say, if anything? I’d want to use something that my dad was into or helped define who he is and represented him. For instance, my dad is big into country and western and loves western hats & clothing. He drives a taxi. I could use his zodiac sign or something like that.

Do some research on symbols too. They are a great way to represent your ideas. You could even make it a kind of a secret meaning tattoo. One that only the two of you understood so that other people would have ask what it meant.

Perhaps you have a family coat of arms or something you could use.

Maybe use elements from your zodiac and his and design something completely new and personal. You want something that shows the joining of the two of you, so perhaps something that intertwines or images that come together showing the union or joining of the two of you. Or, there is the usual stuff, like “daddy’s girl” “I Love My Dad” etc. These aren’t very creative ideas, but it might get you thinking and lead you to an idea that is right for you.

This is just off the cuff and off the top of my head. I’d really have to put a lot of thought into it if I were going to do this for my dad. It took me long enough putting together the right Freddie Mercury tattoo!! If I think deeper and come up with some ideas, I’ll post them.

There are lots of people on this forum with really great and creative ideas, so I’d just sit tight and wait for the replies to come in!

Good luck! :):):)

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚ You came to the right place for info and opinions ๐Ÿ™‚

I dont have any original ideas to contribute (I’m not so good at that sort of thing), but I think a the overall idea of a tattoo in your dad’s honor is a nice one. Have you talked to him about it? Maybe he has some ideas or inspiration for a design that would mean something to both of you ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.