MeinSonnenschein
Participant
@meinsonnenschein

Hello! My name is Kristina. I’m from Pottstown, PA, USA. I’ve been an avid tattoo lover since I was a child. I was always intrigued by the many colors, styles, and, quite honestly, the way people were willing to endure what looked like excruciating pain just for the sake of being a human canvas. But, you better believe that on my 18th birthday my friend’s and I hunted down the best (but most affordable) artist in the area. My fear of needles kept it small, but my “Liebe” on my right hip made me feel like the rebel (growing up with very conservative parents who looked down on such things).

I must agree that this art, this pain, this thrill is an addiction. I’m actually quite proud of myself for having gone to a tattoo party today and leaving with nothing new (I have to be an adult at some point and put bills first, right? Ugh…). I’m a proud wearer of 8 pieces that will eventually become more. It disappoints me that certain career fields are not accepting, so they need to be “hidden,” but I’m in love with what I have, though, of course, there is one that needs to be fixed. Yet, this is expected when you do not thoroughly study your artist.

Here are my babies 🙂

Living Dead Dolls: Dolls I collected for over 10 years now.
Left Shoulder: Sadie
Right Shoulder: Bride of Valentine
dolltattoo.jpg

Left Hip: Bleeding, stitched heart: Reminder of the things I have gone through and was able to carry on through.
DSCN0344.jpg

Right Hip: Unfortunately, it looks like a Sparrow, though it’s a Chickadee. My cousin and I both have it, in the same spot, for our late Grandmother who called us her “Little Chickadees.”
“Liebe” (German for Love – in honor of my late Grandfather whom was born and raised in Germany)
[Done 2 year apart.]
DSCN0345.jpg

Left Thigh: Soon to be fixed, but still loved.
tat.jpg

Right Ankle: My mom and I used to wish on the stars, so this is for her 🙂
ankle.jpg

Neck: My zodiac symbol is Cancer… and I’m not a fan of the giant 69 that comes with it, nor the crab. So, being that I am very intrigued and involved in Astrology, what my symbol stands for, and how life is lead because of our astrological placements, I still felt a strong pull on getting it tattooed. So, instead of a 69, I got stars.
stars.jpg

And, my pride and joy. My right side, still a work in progress, by Mat Hagermann of Wyld Child Merrick. An Edison style Grammophone with the notes for “You Are My Sunshine” leading into the morning sky. (Hence my username: Mein Sonnenschein = My Sunshine)
sunshine.jpg

I look forward to seeing what artwork others choose to share with the world, and discussing their beauty and meaning!

MeinSonnenschein
Participant
@meinsonnenschein

And apparently I’m no good at posting pics. I’ll try to edit it… Oopsie! lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi and welcome. Great pics I’m liking the side piece.

MeinSonnenschein
Participant
@meinsonnenschein

Thank you very much 🙂 It’s definitely my favorite, too.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

welcome aboard…………

the side piece,,,,? artistically yea…………but i’m diggin the girls on your back………..are they from something or original ???

MeinSonnenschein
Participant
@meinsonnenschein

Thanks, reefdiver!
They’re actually 2 of my favorite Living Dead Dolls. I collected them for several years and they’re the only material possession that I’d cry over if anything were to happen to them, haha. They actually have black light ink in them, too. The beady eyes under the light is kind of creepy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.