Insomniac234
Participant
@insomniac234

Hey everyone. I have been a fan of the tattoo world for years, but I have yet to be inked. Its just been recently that I have gotten the urge to get one. I just don’t have the money at the moment to do so. I have a general idea of what I want done, but before I jump I want to survey the surroundings.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

welcome aboard……..tell us a little about what you are planning on getting…………unless it is lame………;)

Akolutos
Participant
@akolutos

Hey, welcome to the family (: Once you get the first one you will dig up money you never knew you could find to get another and another ha.

Insomniac234
Participant
@insomniac234
reefdiver;82082 wrote:
welcome aboard……..tell us a little about what you are planning on getting…………unless it is lame………;)

Thanks for the welcome, reef.

Haha, nah its not too lame. I have a few in mind, but the first piece I want to get would be on my left shoulder. It would be for my father who passed, something simple at first. I’m thinking maybe his initials in the middle then his date of birth on top, and his date of death below.
The other one would be later on down the road. I’m thinking maybe on the inside of my right wrist. It would be a koru. If you don’t know what that is its a Maori symbol that means a new beginning.
I’m also thinking of possibly combining the two for the shoulder piece, but I’m still not yet quite sure.

Akolutos;82083 wrote:
Hey, welcome to the family (: Once you get the first one you will dig up money you never knew you could find to get another and another ha.

Thanks Akolutos,

Lol, that’s what I’ve been told. I was talking to my brother about getting one and he said they’re like potato chips, once you have one you can’t stop.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Insomniac234;82096 wrote:

Haha, nah its not too lame. I have a few in mind, but the first piece I want to get would be on my left shoulder. It would be for my father who passed, something simple at first. I’m thinking maybe his initials in the middle then his date of birth on top, and his date of death below.
The other one would be later on down the road. I’m thinking maybe on the inside of my right wrist. It would be a koru. If you don’t know what that is its a Maori symbol that means a new beginning.
I’m also thinking of possibly combining the two for the shoulder piece, but I’m still not yet quite sure.

Hi welcome.
That is pretty lame.

Insomniac234
Participant
@insomniac234
buttwheat;82103 wrote:
Hi welcome.
That is pretty lame.

That’s your opinion. Who are you to tell me my tattoo idea is lame? That’s really disrespectful considering that it’s a tattoo about my father. I’m sorry we all don’t have beautifully creative minds like you. If you don’t like the idea then just don’t pay attention. Think about it. Would you go up to someone in person and tell them, “Hey, I think your tattoo’s lame.” I don’t know what kind of person you are, but I hope you have more decency and common sense than that.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Insomniac234;82106 wrote:
That’s your opinion. Who are you to tell me my tattoo idea is lame? That’s really disrespectful considering that it’s a tattoo about my father. I’m sorry we all don’t have beautifully creative minds like you. If you don’t like the idea then just don’t pay attention. Think about it. Would you go up to someone in person and tell them, “Hey, I think your tattoo’s lame.” I don’t know what kind of person you are, but I hope you have more decency and common sense than that.

Dude I’m not disrespecting your father. Your the one that said it’s not a lame idea and initials and birth date and death date are abut as lame as it gets. This is a tattoo forum not a I want to protect your feelings forum.
So if you post a really lame tattoo idea it’s going to be called lame. Get something that represents your dad or somethings special that you and your dad shared. Like if you two shared special times collecting mushrooms get a mushroom tattoo, or fishing or hunting ect.
I lost my father last year and I got a memorial tattoo for him. We enjoyed fishing together and once we caught a huge marlin when we where fishing out of a small boat. this is a great memory that we shared so that is what I got. Here is a thread of that tattoo. http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-ink-today-t17669.html?t=17669

Take a deep breath I’m actually trying to help you out not disrespecting your father. And if I met you in person and you had that tattoo no I wouldn’t call it lame but if I met you in person and you told me you were going to get that tattoo I would tell you it was lame.;)

Insomniac234
Participant
@insomniac234
buttwheat;82112 wrote:
Dude I’m not disrespecting your father. Your the one that said it’s not a lame idea and initials and birth date and death date are abut as lame as it gets. This is a tattoo forum not a I want to protect your feelings forum.
So if you post a really lame tattoo idea it’s going to be called lame. Get something that represents your dad or somethings special that you and your dad shared. Like if you two shared special times collecting mushrooms get a mushroom tattoo, or fishing or hunting ect.
I lost my father last year and I got a memorial tattoo for him. We enjoyed fishing together and once we caught a huge marlin when we where fishing out of a small boat. this is a great memory that we shared so that is what I got. Here is a thread of that tattoo. http://www.thetattooforum.com/new-ink-today-t17669.html?t=17669

Take a deep breath I’m actually trying to help you out not disrespecting your father. And if I met you in person and you had that tattoo no I wouldn’t call it lame but if I met you in person and you told me you were going to get that tattoo I would tell you it was lame.;)

I’m sorry for snapping at you. That just struck a nerve and I went overboard. I’m not used to people being so direct. You do have a really good point though. Just the initials and BOD/DOD were a bit lame. I just said that because I’m still not 100% sure of what I want to get. I was thinking I could do that as a start and go off from there, but you do have a good point. I really should think about the times we shared. When I was younger we used to go out camping, gold panning and shooting a lot, so I want to put at least one of those things in.
Buttwheat, no harsh feelings? Beautiful tattoo by the way.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think if you find the right thing you will know. You will see a picture and it will remiind you of your dad and that will be it.
prospector-panning.gif

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.