Eren86
Participant
@eren86

Hey everyone. I’ve joined because I can’t find the answers I am looking for online. First of all does anyone know of a good tattoo shop in Nashville, TN or surrounding areas that uses hypo-allegenic products? I have 3 tattoos but all from Huntsville, AL. My mom killed herself a year ago and I want to get the same tattoo she had and I’m having a hard time getting the design. She was a major tennis enthusiast and she had a tattoo of the U.S. Open tennis court with a ball in one of the corners. Its pretty simple it seems but I can’t find a good picture to bring to a shop, what should I do? I was thinking of doing something else for her because she had a lot of interests, I just don’t want to do the stereotypical in memoriam tattoo. Also, boyfriend said he would break up with me if I got a side piece because he thinks they are trashy. But I don’t, and I have wanted one for ages. Should I go for it or forget it? Sorry for rambling on I just need some help and don’t have anyone but my boyfriend.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

a tramp stamp is trashy, i don’t think that a side piece on a girl is……;)

sorry about your mom…………..

as to the BF, if y’all stay together, you’ll have to learn to put up with each others different opinions, but it is your body, and you have to determine what is more important to you , the tattoo or the BF…..

so……., you have no other friends, girlfriends, or family to talk this over with ????

good luck…..

ArniVidar
@arnividar

1.) Hypo-Allergic?
2.) Sorry for your loss ๐Ÿ™
3.) Perhaps you don’t need to get her ‘exact’ piece. What if you just get a very talented artist and ask him/her to create you a tennis-based tattoo. Explain how you want it and they’ll create something new, based off the ideas of the old. It’ll be your piece alone, and still something that will always remind you of your mom.
4.) Your boyfriend be damned. If you want the tattoo, get the tattoo. If he loves you, he loves you for what and who you are.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

thats not really fair of your BF to say that to you tbh ๐Ÿ™ its your body. i have a side tattoo so i dont think its trashy ๐Ÿ˜› when i got my tattoo my boyfriend wasnt too keen on it either but after i got it he said he thought it was kinda sexy so maybe he will change his mind once he actually sees it on you. now hes encouraged me to get one on the other side too!

sorry for your loss thats awful ๐Ÿ™

as someone else said previously, i think you should try to find a custom tattoo artist and explain the idea and get them to draw you something up – it might not be the EXACT same but it would be a pretty good match, or it would still be a great memorial without looking the “typical” memorial tattoo.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.