turp
Participant
@turp

Hello everyone! Total noobie to tattooing here, looking to get a first piece done in the near future! I have a rough idea but havent been able to flesh it out yet

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva
turp;77027 wrote:
Hello everyone! Total noobie to tattooing here, looking to get a first piece done in the near future! I have a rough idea but havent been able to flesh it out yet

Tell us your ideas!

turp
Participant
@turp

I had already made a post in the Find an Artist forum so I’ll just cross post it here:

So, after kicking the idea around for a few years I’ve decided that I’d like to finally get a tattoo! Thing is though, I cannot draw to save my life, so, what I need is someone who is willing to volunteer to put something together for me! I know the artist at the shop can do it, but call me weird with people, but I’d rather come in with a finished idea or at least a mock-up of what I want instead of just a bunch of random pictures.

Long story short what I want is something along these lines:
I’d like a portrait of Herodotus, he is considered the father of the field of History, which just so happens to be what I want to teach.
Herodotus:
http://www.foundalis.com/lan/c/Herodotus.jpg

I’d like there to be a tree of knowledge growing out of the top of his head, this has some significance regarding my religious views and the importance of knowledge to me, as a student and future educator.
I’d also like the tree to be shaped like a brain. Similar to this:
http://singularityhub.com/wp-content…ree_medium.jpg
But less Banzai, more robust.

I’d like Herodotus to be in 3/4 profile and looking down a little bit, as if the tree is heavy, of course this is just how I’d imagined it and if that’s not a workable pose, it’s not a big deal to change it

And I’d like a nice clean line drawing, nothing too complex, and definitely not a portrait tattoo.

I know that’s a lot, and it very well may be a stupid idea, which is why I’d kind of like to get a mock-up done to actually get an idea of what it might look like.

As always, thoughts on the matter are appreciated
~~Turp

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.