Nightgaunt
@

Hi everyone! This will be my first and last post here. I’ve been reading a lot of the posts here and I’m apparently not wanted. I’ve always been interested in learning the art of tattooing, but I was never able to devote the time necessary due to my work schedule. I was laid off a while back, so I thought that this would be the perfect time to pursue my dream. I did what research I could, purchased some basic equipment and have been practicing at home on grapefruits and practice skins. I am at the point where I feel that I need to interface with other, more experienced artists in order to progress. I thought this sort of forum would be a great place for that.

Apparently, I was wrong.

The attitude seems to be “Hey, if you don’t magically know everything there is to know, then I’m certainly not going to speak to you. It’s ‘scratchers’ like you that give the whole tattoo community a bad name…blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.”

At least I can actually draw, unlike most of the so-called tattoo “artists” who can only trace flash art drawn by people with actual talent.

mamajess
Participant
@mamajess

I hope you find what you are looking for, and I’m sorry no one on here was able to help you answer some questions. Maybe if you go to some local shops, there will be someone who is not so uppity that they will be willing to work with you, or at least answer your questions. I’m no help, as I know nothing lol. I’ve just been on here recently myself, and have received a chilly reception from several on here as well, but I’ve also been grateful for the few people who had constructive things to say. Best of luck in the future!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Nightgaunt;76512 wrote:
Hi everyone! This will be my first and last post here. I’ve been reading a lot of the posts here and I’m apparently not wanted. I’ve always been interested in learning the art of tattooing, but I was never able to devote the time necessary due to my work schedule. I was laid off a while back, so I thought that this would be the perfect time to pursue my dream. I did what research I could, purchased some basic equipment and have been practicing at home on grapefruits and practice skins. I am at the point where I feel that I need to interface with other, more experienced artists in order to progress. I thought this sort of forum would be a great place for that.

Apparently, I was wrong.

The attitude seems to be “Hey, if you don’t magically know everything there is to know, then I’m certainly not going to speak to you. It’s ‘scratchers’ like you that give the whole tattoo community a bad name…blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.”

At least I can actually draw, unlike most of the so-called tattoo “artists” who can only trace flash art drawn by people with actual talent.

Dude, I think you missed the point all together. You might be the Barry Bonds of scratchers but the vast majority of people who work from their homes have no idea what they are doing and should not be within 300 feet of a tattoo gun. You might the very best that the tattoo world has to offer but the rules are in place to protect people from the other 99.99999% of home tattoers out there.

On top of that, if you used your one post to bitch about a rule put in place to protect people from shitty, possibly dangerous tattoo artists maybe this isn’t the place for you after all.

Good luck, and I hope you are as good as you think you are because you are going to need all the talent you can if you are going to go down the road you are looking at.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

Quit bitchin. simple as that. This forum does not support unlicensed tattooing. What is the problem in that? As Gsouder said, 99% of scratchers are either crappy artists or they lack the knowledge to keep a clean, disease free environment. It is that very reason we do not support it. Get an apprenticeship if you are serious about it. It may take a few years to get one, but if its something you really care about and your actually good at then you will get a license.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

What was the actual point in your post then?
There ARE tattoo forums out there that do help people that arent able to learn through an apprenticeship, as long as they’re not DICKS

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Wow, that was the stupidest, most pointless, idiotic and brainless post I’ve ever seen.

“Hi there…. I just wanted to post my first ever post to let all you know that I (most important person in the world) will not grace you with my presence any longer. This is your loss, I assure you.”

Oh noes.. how could we have driven such an important member off with our almost only rule? What a world, what a world, what a world…

celticking
Participant
@celticking

Just because you can draw doesnt make you an artist, and during an apprenticeship you have to draw certain designs so the one teaching you knows the extent of your ability, and its not as simple as just tracing a stencil on skin there is alot of artistic skill involved, so learn what you need to do before you come on here running your mouth

RyanLDO
Participant
@ryanldo

You are a fucking dick, and you will most likley not be successful. If you want to be a tattoo artsit, then do it the right way. Don’t come to a public forum like this and blame everyone else for the way your life has turned out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.