tme4
Participant
@tme4

I have wanted a tattoo for years that will include my brothers and/or family. In looking around, I decided against doing a family crest or coat of arms since the history doesn’t really match my family to the crests and I want to be sure about the ink I get. After a long time searching and looking through posts on here as well, I came up with an idea.

I want to do three lions to represent my two brothers and I, and I want to put one of our birthstones in each of the lions where the heart would be. One idea was to have the stance of the lions resembling an old picture of us three together where the lions would be sitting next to each other at different heights, but I’m not sure how that would look by itself. Another idea was to have a tree with the roots showing to represent our family and ancestors and have the three lions placed along the tree (maybe on the ground around it or one in the tree or something). And a crazier idea was to have the roots of the tree grow up into a tree that somehow blends into the lions…

I have waited so long already that I’m not going to rush this, but I could really use some creative input or advice with this. And I was thinking of having this somewhere on my back.

Thanks folks,

Tyler

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Dude, you know what you want, go find an amazing artist, make it happen and post pics when it’s done!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

tiger_on_leg.jpg
randytiger.jpg
newlion.jpg
lion.jpg

srt14292
Participant
@srt14292

As above, you’ve got a great idea, take some samples of lions you like to an artist, explain to him your ideas and ask if he/she will draw a few ideas up and chose the one you like most! 🙂

tme4
Participant
@tme4

Thanks for the advice all. I guess I really just need to get some artist’s drawings. But over the night I got a better idea of how to put it all together. I have a picture of our family tree, I don’t know if it will attach but it is below.

file://localhost/Users/tellis06/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Photo%20on%202010-07-13%20at%2010.10.jpg

I was thinking of taking the picture of us three brothers and just having the lions around the family tree.
Time to go get some drawings done though. Thanks so much for your input, and please continue to post any ideas.

tattoo johnny
Participant
@tattoo-johnny

there are manu places where u can get a fresh and unique tattoo. good luck!

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Complicated ides generally turn into busy tattoos. I like the three lions idea. You could get the eyes colored to match the birthstones, and have the rest of the tattoo done in B&G. If its supposed to be symbolic, keep the idea simple. Above all, get your artist involved in the process and let him help come up with the design.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.