That Guy
Participant
@that-guy

After 5 sessions of about 2 hours each my tattoo is done. It’s been a week or so and it is healing nicely.

So, I figured I’d pop in, say “Hi”, post a few pics and get some feedback. Let me know what you all think(good and bad).

360ofhalfsleeve001.jpg

360ofhalfsleeve002.jpg

360ofhalfsleeve003.jpg

360ofhalfsleeve004.jpg

360ofhalfsleeve007.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I like the piece a lot and it is a great use of colour.

To offer some constructive criticism;

I would personally add some light colour shade or white to the crest of the water to make it pop more.

I would also add a bit more highlight to the fangs.

These are just minor personal taste things but that really is one rocking sleeve.

Take care
Matthew

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

WOW! Love it!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I love the colors and the traditional background. I agree with Sherav on both accounts, I think it would pop a little more with those details.

Can you give me some insight on the the dragon headed Koi? I have never seen anything like that before! Did you come up with that or is it something from Japanese mythology? What does it mean to you?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Gsouder;65130 wrote:
Can you give me some insight on the the dragon headed Koi? I have never seen anything like that before! Did you come up with that or is it something from Japanese mythology?

I think Sherav’s blog has some good info on this, but maybe it was just him replying to posts in the forums. Either way, what little I know I learned from him and his book. The Koi swims upstream and turns into the Dragon. Half Koi / half Dragon must mean it’s just started it’s change.

That Guy
Participant
@that-guy
Gsouder;65130 wrote:
I love the colors and the traditional background. I agree with Sherav on both accounts, I think it would pop a little more with those details.

Can you give me some insight on the the dragon headed Koi? I have never seen anything like that before! Did you come up with that or is it something from Japanese mythology? What does it mean to you?

To me the Dragon Koi represents overcoming struggles in my life and the Peony represents fragilty.

ArniVidar;65132 wrote:
I think Sherav’s blog has some good info on this, but maybe it was just him replying to posts in the forums. Either way, what little I know I learned from him and his book. The Koi swims upstream and turns into the Dragon. Half Koi / half Dragon must mean it’s just started it’s change.

Correct, the Koi swims upstream and only the most persistent make it and turn into Dragons.

Thanks for the feedback.
I go in for a touch up in a few weeks and I will talk to my artist about the fangs, at least the 3 toward the rear of the mouth. I never really noticed until you all pointed them out, for that I thank you.
I believe the waves will stay black and gray as the background on traditional Japanese tattoos is black/gray to place emphasis on the foreground.

Again, thanks for the feedback and comments. Keep them coming!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.