Serey9345
Participant
@serey9345

Hi all,

My name is Kevin and as the thread title states, I am ink free currently, but I would like to change that eventually. I’ve thought it over for a couple years now but I haven’t decided entirely on what to do. My main reason for getting a tattoo is for representation of who I am, that being a nerd, geek, dork, whatever you may call it. I’m a science fanatic who loves numbers, computers, and games.

I have a few idea’s in mind and questions as well. One thought was a Bio-mechanical design comprised of gears, cogs, and pistons. With this though I won’t settle for simplicity, I pick the composition of it to represent how complex I am. A lot of gears in a piece of machinery is an intimidating thing to look at and try to comprehend, but each one sets the other in motion and all of them have purpose.

My question on this is that I realize the meaning of such a tattoo has possibly changed, other than my own integrated design, is it still recognized as a symbol of hidden potential?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I greatly appreciate any comments or feedback.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

I’m confused. Is what recognised as a sign of hidden pottential? Cogs and bio mech tattoos?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome to the forum Kevin.

In answer to your question the tattoo style would come under steampunk/biomech.
Most people would just take it as a surface meaning that it is a machine representation or you are a steampunk/borg/terminator fan.

Others if you get the circuit boards etc may understand the layout.

However it is a personal art thing – you will know what it means.

The concept of cogs and pistons for me usually strikes that a person is driven as is the machine.

Would love to see the design ideas you have.

Take Care
Matthew

Serey9345
Participant
@serey9345
Morwin Nerdbane;65001 wrote:
I’m confused. Is what recognised as a sign of hidden pottential? Cogs and bio mech tattoos?

Yes, Bio mech tattoos are what I was referring to.

Also thank you Sherav for your input. I do see how it would be more of a steampunk style, which is not a problem to me, that’s been an interest of mine I never knew it was really it’s own style though.

I have yet to come up with concept sketches or anything since I myself lack any artistic talent but I’ll definitely try to get a couple designs integrated more towards a traditional biomech.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Welcome to the boards…..enjoy your stay

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

biomech.jpg

I saw this a bit ago, it’s by Kevin Marr out of San Mateo, CA. He works out of God Speed tattoo… Maybe some good reference material?

anyway, welcome to the forum.

Serey9345
Participant
@serey9345

Ah that is quite a good reference, thanks much for the input. And thank you all who welcomed me here!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.