Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I figured I would just get that out there before we got too far into our relationship. In my defense, I had no freaking idea what a tramp stamp was when I got it, so that makes it a little less weird. But it’s still weird, as discussed on another forum.

Ever type “got it” really fast and end up with “go tit”? I just did.

Anyway, Like I said, I’m Geoff, I’m new, and I have 5 smallish tattoos. I sell semiconductors for a living, I’m allergic to carrots and I really don’t like kids. I read a lot, I watch tv and I’m pretty short.

I’m working on my first full sleeve, a non-traditional Japanese maple tree with a dragon flying around it.

I guess what I’m trying to say is:

“hi!”

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

Welcome… Do you have to wait long for a promotion so you can sell full conductors?

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Welcome Geoff…enjoy your stay here

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome

Looking forward to seeing your ink.

Take Care
Matthew

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

allergic to carrots? shame. . .

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

hi and welcome to the forum,,,, i was talking to my mrs earlier and got a semi…… oops hang about thats not the same thing as a semi-conductor is it :p

cant wait to see your sleeve buddy, where are you at and who is your artist ??

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Outlaw;62817 wrote:
hi and welcome to the forum,,,, i was talking to my mrs earlier and got a semi…… oops hang about thats not the same thing as a semi-conductor is it :p

cant wait to see your sleeve buddy, where are you at and who is your artist ??

My appointment is on the 24th, but I get to see the drawings on the 15th. I’m excited and a little nervous. The artist is a local guy named Kevin Marr (http://www.godspeedtattoo.com/kevin_marr.asp). His work is really tight and he is a really chill guy. I’m worried that the dragon will be too traditional and the tree will be too stylized but I have confidence Kevin and I can make something work.

BTW, a semiconductor is a little piece of silicon that can act as both a conductor and a resistor on the inside of an electrical device. In normal person speak, a semiconductor are those little black thinigies that you see on the circuit boards when you crack open an electrical device.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiconductor http://devkits.handheldmuseum.com/IS-CGB-EMU/GBC_EmulatorCircuitBoard.jpg if you are interested.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

i have had a look at his work and can safely say your in good hands 😉

im sure that if it wouldnt look right then he would tell you so, it might be your choicebut its his reputation…

as for the semiconductors, i have quite a varied cv, and on the list of certificates is a city&guilds certificate in electronic service engineering, so i knew what you meant right from the start… :p

besides that saying that you sell semiconductors sounds so much better than selling chips
http://www.deffryvaleschool.org.uk/images/chips-poster.jpg

😀

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

@Outlaw 62862 wrote:

i have had a look at his work and can safely say your in good hands 😉

im sure that if it wouldnt look right then he would tell you so, it might be your choicebut its his reputation…

as for the semiconductors, i have quite a varied cv, and on the list of certificates is a city&guilds certificate in electronic service engineering, so i knew what you meant right from the start… :p

besides that saying that you sell semiconductors sounds so much better than selling chips
http://www.deffryvaleschool.org.uk/images/chips-poster.jpg

:D[/QUOTE

Dude, way to blow my cool sounding job! LOL, Semiconductors do sound a lot better than traveling chip sales guy. Actually, my job is pretty cool. I work for one of the biggest companies out there and I deal with start ups…. very interesting work.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

at least ya didnt take it the wrong way lol…. seems like you got a great job then, its good when you like what your doing, it makes it easier to get out of bed when that darn alarm goes off 😀

post us some images up of your ink dude !!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Here’s two of them. I’m too lazy to take photos of the other ones but my first big one is coming soon! The lines in the star one are a lot better n person, it’s hard to tattoo/take pictures of a tattoo on a wrist.

Photoon2010-03-05at20073.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

unusual design in that first image…. what does it represent ??

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Outlaw;62897 wrote:
unusual design in that first image…. what does it represent ??

My wife and I decided to get wedding tattoos to celebrate our little marriage thing. we thought about it a lot and we chose to get each others astrological sign on the other person. She got a nice leo sign with some cherry blossoms on her forearm, it’s really nice looking. Her sign is Libra thought and its a pretty boring sign, ascetically speaking.

I got around that by researching the constellation of libra and using that as the template. The sun/moon are the balance and the stars are important to us. She basically has the same star tattoo that I have on the same wrist that she got before we met. Weird, right?

So that’s it. mine isn’t that big but heres takes up half her forearm. She won’t let me take a photo of it because it needs retouching but I think it’s really pretty.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

I am sure you will be fine that is a rocking looking artist.

Looking forward to seeing the end work.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.