Rheezy
Participant
@rheezy

Hey guys my names rhianne and I’m 19. I don’t have any tats yet but I’m hoping to get my first in a couple of weeks.
I lost my dad when I was younger and i want to get his name on the back of my neck. I also want to get maybe a flower or a love heart or something to go with it but not too sure what would look good with the writing. Anyone able to help?

Also does anyone have a tat on the back if their neck? How painful is it to get tattooed compared to other areas?

Dmac
Participant
@dmac

I suggest that the thing to go with your fathers name should be something he liked. if he liked a certain animal, song, or car. something like that. You could always just go with a phrase as well.

i dont know about the pain part. But i did have a friend who got one on his left shoulder and he was squeezing the chair for dear life. i think it just depends on your pain tolerance.

Rheezy
Participant
@rheezy

Thanks Alot,
and its a great idea but dont really know what he was into. I was only 2 at the time. It will probably end up being a love heart.

And i dont have a very high pain tolerance so Im not looking forward to getting it. I have a few piercings and they hurt like hell…

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

If you bend your head down and feel where the bones stick out most on the back of your neck, that’s where the top of mine starts. It was my first, and it didn’t hurt at all.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

My first was on the back of my neck, it’s more bearable than you might think. It’s a pain to look after though, and whenever you turn your head for the first week, you’re gonna know you’ve got a tattoo there 😉

Rheezy
Participant
@rheezy

Yeah ? i dont even mind if it hurts later i just worried about the pain as the needle is going in haha. i think im working myself up by thinking about it so much,
But by the sounds of it i dont really have too much to worry about. Thanks guys youv really helped

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

And don’t be scared of getting a tattoo just because when you get piercings it really hurts you. It’s a completely different feeling and “pain”.
I think I got really lucky or something with my tattoo. It didn’t hurt at all when I was getting it. It was only a tiny bit sore for the few remaining hours of the night. Then when I woke up, it was like it was never there. I never experienced any sort of pain or discomfort. I had, at most, 4 TINY scabs, only a VERY thin layer peeled off, and it didn’t itch at all. The colors still look amazing, just like it was right after I got it done (except it’s not shiny now). The artist was even amazed at how well the colors stayed and looked.

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

And don’t be scared of getting a tattoo just because when you get piercings it really hurts you. It’s a completely different feeling and “pain”.
I think I got really lucky or something with my tattoo. It didn’t hurt at all when I was getting it. It was only a tiny bit sore for the few remaining hours of the night. Then when I woke up, it was like it was never there. I never experienced any sort of pain or discomfort. I had, at most, 4 TINY scabs, only a VERY thin layer peeled off, and it didn’t itch at all. The colors still look amazing, just like it was right after I got it done (except it’s not shiny now). The artist was even amazed at how well the colors stayed and looked.

Rheezy
Participant
@rheezy

wow thats great..

might be a silly question but does every tattoo scab ? iv read some stories about how the scab has actually come off and there was no ink left underneath

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It depends on how deep the tattooist goes – if they are a bit inexperienced they may overwork the area and really force the ink in. This can cause a really heavy scab and if you pick it the ink will come out leaving a scar behind.

Alternatively if they do not go deep enough you may have little or no scabbing but the ink will peel away with the dead skin.

With a pro artist you will avoid either of these issues.

Expect some amount of scabbing (but do not worry if there is not any as long as the pigment remains in the skin it is fine) it could be minor but that tight skin feel is normal.

As for the pain – it will hurt for some it is an irritation for others a lot. It really depends on place and size of the tattoo and your individual tolerance for pain.

If it is fairly small you will prob breeze through it – my tattoo is actually at the base of my neck on my backpiece and the painful part was when he went over the area eitherside of the spine.

That said there was no screaming so you will be fine.

Take Care
Matthew

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Welcome to the boards.

I actually fell asleep while gettin my neck done. But each person is different

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.