Claire
Participant
@claire

Hello All, My name is Claire I am a body piercer in North Carolina. I have been piercing for some while, having completed my apprenticeship about seven years back. I am competent and capable with basic piercings, most genital piercings, surface piercing and dermal anchoring. I am currently training a piercer for a friend’s tattoo shop and am pleased with the process, a person who is intelligent and eager to take the time to learn correct methods and procedure is a pleasure to work with. After I feel that I’m leaving our friend with a well trained piercer I will return to a tattoo apprenticeship under my husband, who is a tattooist at a different shop.

I have been scrubbing tubes, lining out stencils and doing all the apprentice work for my husband for the last two years (spoiled!) and I have learned a lot from him, but, due to the fact that he is my husband he has the tendency to take me for granted in a way that a more formal arrangement wouldn’t. I am not here to try and pry technical matters or technique out of any of the professionals here, as I know this is not the place for it, nor can internet discussion take the place of one on one training. but I look forward to finding discussion starters, and good questions to ask that will help me make the most of my learning process and help me develop into a quality tattoo artist.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

hiya and welcome to the forum,
i dont think you will learn anything as such that will help you become a tattoo artist except for possibly drawing practice if you decide to help other members with their design requests or just looking at the designs in a new way…
im not trying to sound nasty when i said that but as you are fully aware, this site does not discuss techniques etc unless in the pro artist section

so who is your husband and what shop is he working at??

i hope you enjoy your stay

Claire
Participant
@claire

Well thank you for the welcome. I don’t take your reply as sounding nasty at all. I do spend a good deal of my time drawing and digging through traditional art study resources ( anatomy for the artist, developing better perspective, type stuff) But since the apprenticeship process has been agonizingly slow for me (I’d like to talk machine theory, he’d like some bacon) I’m hoping being able to discuss with other tattooists might give me good starters for conversation and help me get the ball rolling. I work at Art Attack in Winston Salem right now, but will be joining my husband Jon at a new shop in Burlington NC called Von Lush studios soon. Up until Thanksgiving we had a shop in High Point NC called Planet Hardwear. We brought it from the brink of closing to being a relatively successful shop in our area, but an unexpected emergency caused us to close. we flooded and could not get the building owner to make the necessary repairs.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

sounds like you has an asshole for a landlord !!

i hope the new place all works out for the pair of you and it will be great to see some photo’s of the place when ya get settled in of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

welcome to the boards

Claire
Participant
@claire
Outlaw;60511 wrote:
sounds like you has an asshole for a landlord !!

i hope the new place all works out for the pair of you and it will be great to see some photo’s of the place when ya get settled in of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

yeah, he was, we inherited his disdain for tattoo shops from the flaky people who ran the shop before us.
The new place looks nice so far and I think it will be nice working with a few more artists. it got to be overwhelming sometimes with only 1 tattooist and 1 piercer! Thankyou for the warm welcome

Claire
Participant
@claire
Blue1;60521 wrote:
welcome to the boards

Thankyou Blue1 ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.