iMark
Participant
@imark

It’s not all that long ago, I was convinced I was going to live out my days quite happily without any piercings or tattoos. Then life got in the way ๐Ÿ™‚

More specifically I took up contact juggling again. I’d dabbled with it back when I was student, but I was introduced to it again when I moved back to Edinburgh. I started going to juggling conventions, meeting people and making new friends. It changed my life in a big way, and I realised one day I wanted something to signify what it meant to me and my commitment to it (by contrast my helix piercings are pure affectation :).

I started with a single tattoo representing a ball on my back last year, but I realised I wanted something to signify the flow and movement of the ball across my body so I decided to expand it a little (apologies for the crappy phone cam pics!):

spiralf.jpg

spiral2z.jpg

I still have a bit more to be done – the outlines on the right side need to be filled in, and the spirals will extend a little further. This is how I’m planning on finishing the left side:

curve.jpg

I can’t wait until it’s all done and I can show it off at a few juggling conventions ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway – it’s nice to be here!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , interesting tattoo !
are they going to be filled / shaded ?? i like how they flow nicely on you

iMark
Participant
@imark

Thanks Butterfly. I’m just going to leave them as solid shapes for the time being. I may change my mind one day (as I said, I was once pretty adamant that I wasn’t ever going to have any tattoos or piercings ๐Ÿ™‚ ), but for the moment I tend to prefer solid shapes and lines.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Wow, I really like it! I never would have guessed it represented the movement of a ball. It kinda looks like a big geometric caterpillar, lol. Like Butterfly said, it flows very nicely.

It would look awesome colored. ๐Ÿ™‚

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Really cool. Definitely original.

Welcome to the forums…enjoy your stay here

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Welcome. I,too, like your ink. Different but interesting

iMark
Participant
@imark

It’s nearly done now. I just got back from my latest session. The left spiral is finished, and most the outlines are now filled in. One more outline to fill, then just the right side spiral to finish and I’m done.

So very, very glad that there’s no more to be done on my sides – particularly under the arm pits. Nasty, hurty, ow-y pain!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hey mark is they any funky , retro , ethnic shops in edinbrugh ?? :rolleyes:

Im going up there this year ๐Ÿ˜€

iMark
Participant
@imark
Butterfly_Kisses;59723 wrote:
hey mark is they any funky , retro , ethnic shops in edinbrugh ?? :rolleyes:

Im going up there this year ๐Ÿ˜€

Almost certainly, but I’m one of the least funky, retro, ethnic people you could hope to meet, so I’m probably a bit out of the loop on such things.

Cockburn street is rather funky from what I remember though.

Hope you like Edinburgh anyway – it’s a lovely city.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i been before and loved it but this time im going to stay for longer so hoping to shop a bit this time ๐Ÿ˜€
last time it was typical sight seeing :rolleyes:

and you need to get more retro and funky with a tattoo like that LOL

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

certainly is unusual, but it will definately have that WOW factor when finished…. i like this piece a lot

10 / 10 for originality ๐Ÿ˜‰

aceadam85
@

For Edinburgh Military Tattoo tickets , sports tickets, opera-ballet tickets, concert tickets, theater tickets and exclusive event tickets in the UK and worldwide. Premier Events pledges to provide the cheapest event tickets on the net.No commission, transaction charges or hidden booking fees. the price you see is the price you pay.we ensure their safe and prompt delivery to our customer.
LINK REMOVED

strikeBanned.gif

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

erm hello spammer wrong sort of tattoo :rolleyes:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.