pennamed
Participant
@pennamed

I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but only for the sake of having one – which is precisely why I have never gotten one.

But recently I have discovered a tattoo that I very much so do want. Now having said that, I run in to another problem. The place I envision the tattoo can be a bit problematic concerning the mainstream American work environment. I want to get it on the inside of my left fore-arm and I know that this can cause a problem with any potential white collar job I would want to get. Now I have to say that the tattoo would be the poem “In the Station of the Metro” be Ezra Pound – so it isn’t so obscene but I know that some people just have a thing about tattoos in the workplace.
Now I am of the literary type and my end-goal is to write poetry, critical essays, and I am currently in school to be a Film Director. I know that these fields themselves are not too hard on tattoo’d individuals but I do know that I wont immediately be able to do these things. I will either have to work low income jobs (i.e. physical labor which I don’t have a problem with) or try and tough it out in the 9-5 cubicle world (which is where tattoos prove difficult).

Any suggestions as to an alternative to that tattoo? For those of you with tattoos – do you notice any kind of prejudice against you or is that kind of thing dying out?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Well there is long sleeved shirts or you could move the tattoo to your chest upper arm or legs.

There is no need to not to get it just have to decide if you can bear summer heat in long sleeves.

Take Care
Matthew

pennamed
Participant
@pennamed

Yeah I really do want that tattoo – and I want it on a place where I can see it and/or readily view it.

Although I do like to where sleeves – I live in Florida and it can get a bit toasty.

But thanks for the reply and I’ll take it in to consideration.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.