memories
Participant
@memories

Hello,
Please excuse me for being vague, I am going through some tough times.
I recently lost a baby in pregnancy and I would like to get a tattoo for myself to signify this, i want something personal and subtle.
I have always wanted a tattoo but I never thought it would be under these circumstances, however I am sure you will understand that due to this I am desperate to minimise any risks, I want it to be a fitting tribute and anything less than that would have a very negative effect on me, so I am here to research and learn.
I want it to be small and delicate and quite hidden – so that I don’t have to talk about it to friends/family/strangers. The obvious place would be under my bellybutton, but dispite being petite I do have stretch marks in this area after 2 previous successful pregnancies. I have no plans for further pregnancies so this area will not be stretched again.

I have 3 design ideas myself but would genuninely appreciate any advice:
*snowflake: Where I live we have had quite alot of snow recently which is a rare occurance – it would symbolise the period in time well for me and could be very small and delicate
*anubis: the egyptian protector of the dead, I like this idea but not sure how I would make it small enough
*crow/raven – not sure why I just think it would be quite fitting

I live in the north of England near Leeds – but I will travel for this.
I have done some internet digging and I really like the work of Andy at modern body art in Birmingham – very delicate and detailed – he has done a fabulous tat the size of a pound coin (ideal for a snowflake – but I feel the other 2 ideas would need to be bigger than that)

Thank you for your time

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Hi,
Sorry for your loss.:(
I would go for the snowflake. Any decent tattooist could rock that! There are several ways to go at the design. You can just go small traditional, no sweat. I would consider white with a bluish tint, no outline. It would be very subtle. You might have the tattooist add a drop shadow later if you decide to make it stand out more. I used this technique inking musical notes on a client’s shoulder. Very sweet. You could also get the tatt done (or accented) with blacklight ink. The colors are very smooth and soft under normal light. I think a blue and white snowflake would turn out very nice. And of course it would glow under UV light!
Good luck.

Stu
Participant
@stu

Hi and welcome – sorry to hear of your loss.

The snowflake would work well, but the others would need to be larger for the detail otherwise they will soon look like an unrecognisable blob

The good news tho is there are plenty of places to hide a tattoo on the body (some really obvious but hidded – my mate has palm of his hand done and I never realised for years!)

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I vote for the snowflake, and add some uv-spots to it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry for your loss ๐Ÿ™

My sister has lost a few babies (it’s a sad medical thing) during pregnancy over the past 2 years and through her I understand a little of your pain.

Personally I like the snowflake idea the most, but I’m wondering why you’d want it below your bellybutton. Is it a tattoo-over-the-womb concept? It’s just that if you want to hide it, with low-cut jeans and other clothing that many/most women wear today, it’s not really that easy to hide anything on that spot. Also, “never say never” is a very valid saying, and you might get new stretchmarks later.. planned or not.

memories
Participant
@memories

Thank you all, you are very kind. With your help I have decided to go for the snowflake and there is a discussion on the main board about how best to design it (white tattoo’s).
You have all been very helpful and I am very grateful – If I can get an idea of how to do it best then I am hoping to get this done quite soon – it feels like something I need to do.
ArniVidar – it is the over the womb concept, I can’t imagine having it anywhere else… it just seems right and I am so sorry to hear about your sister – I am bless with 2 lovely girls already ๐Ÿ˜ฎ but it is so hard.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi , sorry for your loss i just commented on your over post about the snow flake.
i used the tern baby blue before i had seen this post so i hope it didnt upset you ๐Ÿ™

memories
Participant
@memories

Of course not, please don’t worry ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.