30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Hello one and all, the names Chase I’m currently residing in Leicester, UK. I’ve been browsing this forum the past week or so and thought it’d wise to sign up and do the courteous thing of creating an introduction thread.

Looking to get my first tattoo soon, a Japanese style sleeve, problem is finding someone experienced enough to tattoo well over the stretch marks I got during puberty on the inner biceps – bloody stretch marks, they’re just problems haha.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Welcome to the forums….

as for your stretch marks…try having a couple of brats….THEN bitch about stretch marks! lmao….enjoy your stay here!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

@blue….. bwahahahahahahha :p

welcome to the forum 30,
try looking at kev shercliff’s work, his work is awesome and he is an award winning artist along with stig who works at his studio as well… the shop is only an hours drive away from you in cannock.

link posted as relevent to topic
CLICK HERE FOR HIS SITE

i spent 8 1/2 hrs on one sitting there a couple of years ago, but im like 4 hrs drive away!!

30Hz
Participant
@30hz
Blue1;56873 wrote:
Welcome to the forums….

as for your stretch marks…try having a couple of brats….THEN bitch about stretch marks! lmao….enjoy your stay here!

I can only imagine!

Outlaw wrote:
welcome to the forum 30,
try looking at kev shercliff’s work, his work is awesome and he is an award winning artist along with stig who works at his studio as well… the shop is only an hours drive away from you in cannock.

Definitely great work, I’ll look into it. Thank you.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums.
Don’t stess stretch marks, as I’ve been tattooed over them and I am planning on getting my ribs that are heavily stretched tattooed as well.

But, don’t get a sleeve just to save you have a shit load of ink…. atleast have some meaning behind it

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I don’t have much meaning behind my arm – I just love skulls (I can thank The Phantom for that) and just love the old-school, colourful stuff.
Welcome anyway 30Hz

hollymolly87
Participant
@hollymolly87

welcome to the forums chase

30Hz
Participant
@30hz
BIKERinBLACK77;56890 wrote:
Welcome to the forums.
Don’t stess stretch marks, as I’ve been tattooed over them and I am planning on getting my ribs that are heavily stretched tattooed as well.

But, don’t get a sleeve just to save you have a shit load of ink…. atleast have some meaning behind it

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have an idea for the sleeve, part to represent my family and part to represent myself through the choice of elements within it,I’ve been debating with myself about it for a while and finally settled on the idea, apologies if it seemed like I was getting one to fill space.

And thank you for the welcome folks.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
BIKERinBLACK77;56890 wrote:

all my pieces have meaning……….. they mean i wanted them !!

why do people say that a tattoo has to have meaning, you dont buy a painting for your wall beacuse your great grandfather, sisters , friends cat has died…. you buy it because you like it…. same should go for ink, if ya like it then get it !

ps… @Joker1
i totally agree about phantoms ink, i saw it on another forum as an ongoing piece when it was being done… looks real sweeeeeet !

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Im with Outlaw. If you like it, get it. Its art!! You like it because it looks good, thats enough. Does every person that owns a painting have a deep emotional story as to why they bought it? No indeed. You can get what you want, and just tie a meening to it that suits the person asking.

ebiegirl
Participant
@ebiegirl

Welcome! Am I wrong that stretch marks aren’t a big deal? My artist was telling me they aren’t… We went over a couple yesterday on my new piece, and (for the outline at least) they seem fine so far… Mine are pretty faint and old, so maybe that makes a difference. Anyways, welcome! Good luck finding a good artist– the prep stages are fun!

30Hz
Participant
@30hz
ebiegirl wrote:
Welcome! Am I wrong that stretch marks aren’t a big deal? My artist was telling me they aren’t… We went over a couple yesterday on my new piece, and (for the outline at least) they seem fine so far… Mine are pretty faint and old, so maybe that makes a difference. Anyways, welcome! Good luck finding a good artist– the prep stages are fun!

As far as I know, as long as they’re fairly old – silver in colour and not purple they aren’t much of an issue.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

my dragon goes over bit of a stretch mark and has been fine, hurt a tad more than normal but the inks not run :rolleyes:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.