LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Hello! Just ran across the forum, did a little browsing around, and decided to become a member. I am an Apprentice here in Louisiana under a fantastic tattoo artist and a nice shop. I have studied and continue to learn everyday in shop….and finally get to do my first piece this weekend. 😀

Just thought I would give a brief introduction…..Now Im going to browse a bit more!!

C

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums.
Post some pictures of some of your sketches, and of the piece you do this weekend!
We’ll give you some feed back.

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova
BIKERinBLACK77;56765 wrote:
Welcome to the forums.
Post some pictures of some of your sketches, and of the piece you do this weekend!
We’ll give you some feed back.

Cant wait to get some pics of it up when its done. Im going to do a gypsy/day of the dead piece, I wanted it to be my first one, and a good friend gave me the skin to do it on. I will also upload some of my sketches once I find the proper place to do so.:D

Thanks

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Welcome, we don’t get many apprentices on here 🙂

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova
Joker1;56773 wrote:
Welcome, we don’t get many apprentices on here 🙂

Is that because you get a lot of scratchers….or you just pulling my leg:D

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

A few scratchers show up every now and again, you’re the only legit apprentice I can think of at the moment. There’s a couple people on here who will be doing apprenticeships one day though.

LotusCordova
Participant
@lotuscordova

Ahh…well, makes me feel special! Its something I have always wanted to learn, just finally was persistant enough, and became a shop rat, brought in more drawings, and more people were showing up with my material to get put on them. I would always send them to my artist too. Finally, I got my foot in the door, and give 100% to the learning of it. So many kids wan to get in because of TV and think they want the lifestyle….So it makes becoming an apprentice a little harder now a days. Everyone want to tattoo!!!

Im in constant search to learn more on different techniques and styles. Also the acuall needle styles and want to find some info on good machines. Any links you guys know of that I can browse? I was looking at the joshua carlton machines, decent price….I just dont know of anyone that actually uses them. From all my reading, and from what my teacher uses, Mickey Sharpz seems to be the brand of choice. Hes about to buy a set of FK Irons that are SUPER nice and run the 1.5 coils.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, again. Any sites you have that you frequent in reguards to tattooing would be fantastic.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’ll send you a pm with a link to forum where things like that can be openly discussed, also, if you find a member named Outlaw, there’s a link in his name which will take you to another forum where technique and tools of the trade can be talked about 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

welcome to the forum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.