clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

Hey everyone, I’m getting my first tattoos tomorrow (just 4 chinese symbols on my right arm for now, I plan to get more).

I was wondering if anyone could give me any aftercare advice? I’ve been told that bepanthen is best, but when do I apply it? Do I have to have washed first?

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The key part is keeping it clean and no picking.

That said if you look on my blog or click on my sig there is posts on aftercare as well as several threads on here.

Good luck with the tattoo.

Take Care
Matthew

Klijntjuh
Participant
@klijntjuh

Treat it like a surface wound..
So keep it clean, wash it with perfume-free soft soap, cover it if you wear clothes over it etc.
And try to avoid getting it to dry, so bepanthen is good after cleaning it carefully.

Good luck tomorrow!!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Follow the aftercare instructions your artist tells you.
And post pics for us to see!:)

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

good luck with the tattoo ๐Ÿ˜‰

clowesy
Participant
@clowesy

cheers everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be sure to get some pics up.

I’m a tad worried as to what I’m going to dress my tattoo with for the first few days, as one place said avoid plastic wrap, and some said DO use plastic wrap.

I was thinking of just getting some bandage tape and normal dressing, do you reckon that would suffice?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
clowesy;54484 wrote:
cheers everyone ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll be sure to get some pics up.

I’m a tad worried as to what I’m going to dress my tattoo with for the first few days, as one place said avoid plastic wrap, and some said DO use plastic wrap.

I was thinking of just getting some bandage tape and normal dressing, do you reckon that would suffice?

Why would you “dress” your tattoo up?

Just follow what THE ARTIST WHO IS DOING IT SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

the only time i have ever re dressed my tattoo’s is at night if im still leaking plasma ๐Ÿ˜ฎ eeew !
unless you have this problem ( normally with large tattoo’s done in a long sitting ) i really would not cover your tattoo with anything !!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.