JesskaRawr
Participant
@jesskarawr

Hey all (:
I’m new to this site.
I’m sixteen years old.
only have five piercings so far, planning on getting more.
2 piercings on each ear and my nose.
i want to get into the piercing/tattoo industry.
i’m currently revising all the usual stuff, different types of piercings, infections, anatomy, diseases, jewellery, aftercare and such. I’m currently thinking about an apprenticeship.
i joined this site because it might help me learn more, and of course to meet nice new people and chat (:
bye x

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums.

I doubt you’ll get an apprenticeship at 16, but there’s nothing wrong with trying to get a “shop bitch” job aka cleaning, answering phones, talking to customers when the artists are busy. I did it when I was 17, and started my apprenticeship the day I turned 18. But just by being in the shop, you’ll get a good feel for the workings of everything and it would be a great way to get your foot in the door.

JesskaRawr
Participant
@jesskarawr

Yeah :/ was thinking about advice for later on i mean i’m 17 in 3months, so thats a start i spose lol.
i already emailed a few local piercing shops because i can’t get into town at the moment,
but if they don’t reply i’ll think about going in maybe on the weekend to ask.
but i figured studying and brushing up on all the basic stuff might give me an advantage so they wouldn’t have to spent ages teaching me what i already know.
thanks (:

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Nothing wrong with getting a little experience early, I’ve learnt a lot about styles of tattoos and even a few techniques the artist explains as he’s tattooing me, just from getting inked. Just spending time in a shop, you’ll get a feel for what the industry is like.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.