dine
Participant
@dine

Hi. I’m Dine, from Ireland and looking forward to chatting and getting to see all your ink. I love listening to ideas and advice and seeing all your gallery pics. My own preferance is towards lots of colour. Everone these days seems to have a story attached to what they’ve got or what they’re getting. I’m happy with the pretty picture! [Shallow or what?]

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Dine

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to sharing your ink and ideas as well.

No it is not shallow to enjoy art purely for that reason. That is what my backpiece is about I just like it.
I do have some other ink that has personal reasons to me but again that is because I like them.

Take Care
Matthew

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

hi dine,
welcome to the forum, im sure you will enjoy it here….
you dont need to have a meaning to having a tattoo, its perfectly normal to have a tattoo just because you like the image…. i would say that only 20% of my clents have work done with a meaning….. most people just get addicted and want plenty of ink :p

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

welcome aboard!

Phat_Goddess
Participant
@phat_goddess

Welcome to the forum 🙂 and yeah I have a couple of tattoos I want that have no significant meaning other than I really like the image too 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , no big stories with most of my ink i just love butterflies 😀
they just remind me of a happy childhood :rolleyes:

dine
Participant
@dine

Thanks folks. I’m being a bit, funny?, when I say that. [Jeez, have to test the waters here with my sense of humour, don’t want to get dumped on my first date..] There are some programmes on T.V. that would have you thinking you have to have a certain criteria to have a tattoo. Either, you’ve reached a crossroads in your life, caught your best friend in bed with your partner, just stopped trying to sever various parts of your body off, spent the last year eating/starving for Ireland or had a sex change!

Should I go now………

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Hahahahaha nooooo, don’t go!

I think the question is not “Do your tattoos have a special meaning?” but “Have you put enough thought into the design and placement that you won’t consider covering it up or having it lasered off in a couple of years?”.

It’s probably easier to invest planning time and thought into something that does have a special meaning to you than in something you “just like”. If you just want something nice to look at you may be far more tempted to pick the first thing you “like”.

Not saying that’s ALWAYS the case, I think planning your tattoos is a lot of fun and the end result of the whole process feels so much more rewarding than if you just get something as you see it somewhere else. But the whole “getting tattoos that have a meaning for you” (and that doesn’t have to be anything deeply symbolic or complicated!) is a starting point and a security blanket at the same time when you ask yourself what (next) to get done.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Hi Dine,

A tatt doesn’t have to have a special meaning (unless you’re on Miami, LA Ink and you want to be on TV).
Having said that, I have tattoos that have a meaning, and just started on a sleeve that doesn’t – skulls, flames, webs – just cos I like that old school badass biker stuff.
I appreciate your sense of humour already 🙂
Welcome aboard.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

HaHa….some of mine have meaning but my flowers on my back are just pink and pretty flowers cos Im a girl lol. Welcome to forum x

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
miss_ivy;52530 wrote:
HaHa….some of mine have meaning but my flowers on my back are just pink and pretty flowers cos Im a girl lol. Welcome to forum x

When I was getting a skull and flames on my arm, the tattooist’s wife (works in the shop with him) had a look and he asked ‘what do you think honey?’
She avoided the question and he told me she doesn’t like skulls and stuff. I told her my other arm was going to be fairy’s and flowers :rolleyes:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.