bungaro
Participant
@bungaro

hi all,
have been thinking about getting a tattoo for ages and think i might take the plunge soon! i think i’m going to go with a japanese style tattoo but i haven’t a clue where to start!! i’m from ireland and have the name of a few artists but i’d like to have a bit of info before i head in (so forgive me if the questions seem really stupid!!).
i think i would like a japanese style dragon but there seem to be so many types i don’t know where to start?! should i bring in a stencil of one i like?? if so do i get it online or should i buy a book?? if anyone has a dragon tattoo or can point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it!! and if theres any other advice i love to hear it as its a totally new experience for me!!
cheers

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

hello and welcome to the forum..

you can pick an artist then show them the styles of dragon you wold like, if they are a long way away then you can contact via telephone and email some images over, they will draw something for you normally if you want…

take a look on deviantart…… click on the link below to view dragon tattoo’s (there are quite a few pages to look through, click next page at the bottom for the next ones)
Dragon tattoo’s

😉

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

check this out for the symbolism and differences between japanese and chinese dragons 😉

http://www.khandro.net/mysterious_dragon1.htm

bungaro
Participant
@bungaro

cheers for the replies guys!!
are there certain colours i should avoid (altho i assume the tattoo artist would have a fair idea!) when getting a dragon?? was looking at some books online with dragon stencils but they’re pretty expensive!!

nichace83
Participant
@nichace83

saw you where looking for 1st tattoo i spent like 3weeks everyday looking for right one one… found it in a book called ” The Mammoth Book of Tattoos ” by Lal Hardy… found it at http://www.newtattooonline.com cheapest place anyways

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Stop spamming guy above me 😡

Welcome to the forums anyway buddy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.