ilydoll
Participant
@ilydoll

Hello, hello!

New to the forum and supposing it is proper to say something.
I started getting tattoo’ed when I was a paltry 14 years old and I sport quite a bit of ink. I am 33 now and have started reworking some of my old stuff, or covering up the oh-so-bad decisions of my past. Currently, I am in the process of getting a huge chest piece to cover up some script that I got about 4 years ago…f*@k, I got so tired of people asking me what it meant!! Tattoos have seriously changed the way the World interacts with me, and while I am okay with that (I mean, it is incredibly interesting!) I wonder…what kinda jobs do heavily tattoo’ed girls have? How far should I go? And so on and so on.
I guess I am interested in talking about tattoos, seeing what ya’ll got and finding inspiration here.

xo

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi , my tattoos are easily covered and i also work free vance as a photograpger .
i know someone who is super heavily tattooed and she works as a seamstress and also makes bags , purses etc and sells them on esty …
in my local rock club has many heavily tattooed waitresses :rolleyes:

have you got any pics of your tattoos ?

karlague77
Participant
@karlague77

hi ilydoll…well since you asked what kind of jobs heavily tattood girls have, I’m a cosmetologist…but while I was in college I was a “Jane” of all trades as I like to call it…I’m hoping to go back to school and finish my bachelor’s degree in Biology, only have a few more classes left 😉

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It really depends on the attitude of the employer and whether the customers care or not.

Many of the heavily tattooed men and women I know tended to be self employed, worked in programming or design.

Attitudes are slowly changing but many facial and hand tattoos are still taboo in many customer (face to face) roles.

Take Care
Matthew

ilydoll
Participant
@ilydoll

Thanks guys, and gals, for your insights!
Butterfly_kisses, your photos are absolutely gorgeous…I’ll post some more soon, proper. I also am working as a freelance photographer right now!! I love it, self-employment and getting creative for pay is a new endeavor for me but so far so good! What do you shoot?

Karlague77, congratulations on only having a few classes left! I am soooo glad there are some girls on here!

Matthew, your blog is DOPE! Thanks for sharing it, you write extremely well and I am looking forward to reading it.

I trust and hope you all are having a good day and I look forward to getting down with you guys!

xo

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Thank-you for that compliment.
It made the project worthwhile hearing that.

Matthew

ilydoll
Participant
@ilydoll

Your welcome! Thank you once again, for putting it up! The items you have written about so far are amazing and well, it is the best place for information and insight on tattoos I have seen! I will be reading it regularly and looking forward to new posts!
I have a small home based business (Psychic Readings) and I am thinking of moving my site to Word Press. How has it been for you?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

To be honest once I succeeded in getting my head around the basics it has been great.

It took me a while to sort through how to set up pages etc (I am sure there is much more that I could do to jazz it up).

Overall it has been great – prob one of the best free products I have sued in a long while.

My only small complaint was that they took my site down for 2 days and went through it with a tooth comb looking for (I suspect) copyright infringement – of which there was none because it is either agreed copyright usage or public knowledge.

(I suspect based on the fact I have had a couple of complaints because I caught a couple of people pinching the content for schoolwork without accreditation :p).

I would recommend it as a foot into the web but would say you need to check about whether they allow you to use their site for business purposes as opposed to a hobby.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

At the moment 80% of my work is commercial and i shoot anything and everything that works well on canvas . many of my images can be seen in a few certain high street shops 😉
i also do portrait work which is a personal favorite of mine , especially when working with children .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.