yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

hey all,

my name is jon and im getting my first tattoo in a few weeks. ill post pictures when it is done. i dont want to post what im going to get in case someone beats me to it!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , no harm in telling us what your having done though is they ?
    and to be honest unless you have had your design drawn for you someone some where will have a tattoo likes yours anyways 😀
    thats why custom works always the best to get 😉

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

alright, I will spill the beans. It’s not a custom design, but a piece of Arabic art. It’s a tiger made up of Arabic script. I haven’t seen it done before, but my tattoo artist has done something similar.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i have seen it before , they is one on flickr if you search for arabic tattoo you will find it .
    you do understand thats a prayer from the koran ?

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

yea, I understand that it’s a prayer, I’m Muslim. I know what it means as well. I had a look through flickr and couldn’t find the one I’m getting.

I’ll post it here

tiger.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

no worries then 😉
    just some times people get things because of how they look and not what they mean .
    i hope your having it a decent size so the lines are not to close to each other , next time im on flickr i will see if i can find it again .

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Welcome and good luck on the tattoo. Post pics when it is finished so we can see.

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

thanks for the support. I will post when it is finished. I’m thinking of getting it earlier, so pics might be up next week.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi and welcome

I have seen similar tattoos and they always make a good piece of ink.

I am currently in the process of writing another book on religious tattooing and would love to add the finished product.

Full credits are given to self and artist.

Eitherway I am looking forward to sharing your ink soon.

Take care
    Matthew

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

^ That sounds pretty cool. I will give you all the details you need.

A little update on my tattoo. I decided to do a little more research into the design, just so I am 110% sure I am getting what is right for me. It is a lion, not a tiger as I previously thought.

The piece itself is made up of a prayer called Naad-E-Ali, which means Call on Ali. The prayer was brought to Mohammed (PBUH) by the archangel Jibraeel (Gabriel). The prayer was a means for Mohammed (PBUH) to contact Ali during the Battle of Khaybar. Ali was not at the battle due to illness, but after the prayer was recited, he came to battle and the the fort of Khaybar was conquered.

The shape of the lion also has some significance, as Ali was known as the Lion of Allah.

There are some beliefs that the prayer will bring protection from enemies and good fortune to whoever recites it.
    Examples include:
    -“sufficient means of livelihood, for prosperity and overall welfare.”
    -“if you want your debts to repaid within reasonable time.”
    -“if you are childless and desire to have a child.”

for more information, have a look at these websites
    http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=7025
    http://www.paklinks.com/gs/religion-scripture/235663-what-naad-e-ali.html
    http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50038&hl=nade

After doing this research I have no doubt that this tattoo is the right one for me. It has a deep meaning that applies to me. Also, some people owe me money, so hopefully this prayer will help me get paid back!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i did actually think it was a lion but was not 100% sure so didnt comment :rolleyes:
    they is actually two versions of this lion but the other one i have only seen a couple of times and it has all 100 names for Allah in it .
    i think i saw the other one on ebay or possibly flickr as they are the other sites i roam on 😀

a small off topic but my sons name is Jibrael 😉
    ( im not muslim , i am a practicing buddhist but know quite alot about islam )
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/492965628_50e2516fb2.jpg

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

I think I saw the other one on flickr. It’s head isn’t turned around, yea? I’ve called my tattoo place and moved my booking until next Monday. Was going to wait until Ramadan finished but I really can’t wait any longer.

your son’s name is pretty cool! I love Arab names. Sounds so exotic!

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

cool , post a pic when you get it done 😀
    i love arabic tattoos

and its possible the head was not turned , i have only seen it a few tomes

yellowman4578
    Participant
    @yellowman4578

hey all

just an update. im getting my tattoo done today (in a couple of hours in fact) so pics will be up tonight.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

oh cool, will be looking forward to seeing the pic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.