bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Hi everybody

Just registered here a few days ago. I´ve always had an interest in tattoos and I have 3 tattoos which I got when I was 16-18 years old.

At the time I was getting them (1999-2001, I´m 26 yrs old now) there was a tribal craze here in Iceland and that was basically all I wanted at the time. Today I´m not unhappy with my tattoos apart from my first, which I have an appointment to cover a Japanese style Koi half sleeve in about 2 weeks.

I haven´t had a tattoo now in 8 years, and I really can´t wait to get tattooed again.

Here are pictures of my tats.

My first one… to be covered with a Koi half sleeve in 2 weeks.
    img00260.jpg

My second one. A design I drew myself (I´m not an artist, I just wanted to try it for myself). And don´t worry, it´s not crooked, it just looks that way on the picture.
    img00261.jpg

And my third one, this one I got while I was in Mexico on vacation. I´m pretty happy with it. It has two Kanji symbols which (should) mean Mother and Father.
    img00259v.jpg

I will definitely post pictures of my coverup when it is done. It will be done in one session, which I am a little nervous about, but more excited ´cause I really didn´t like the idea of having a half finished tatto on my arm for a few weeks between sessions.

Greetings from sunny Iceland 😀
    Bjorn

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

welcome to the forum , keep us posted on the sleeve when you start it 🙂

tana

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums.
    I personally don’t have a taste for tribal.
    Seems like alot of people that do get tribal, or any tattoo they regret/don’t like that always get it covered up with a koi. Lol.

-DMD-
    Participant
    @dmd

Looks pretty awesome to mee.
    I just looove tribals hehehe, anyway i like the back piece, tought of getting one too but somehow it reminds me of a girl.
    I mean it looks great on you but I can’t imagine myself having one. lol

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yeah, I wouldn´t get the tribals if I was getting tattooed today. But what can I say, I was young and a bit daft and everyone was getting them. But the one I really don´t like is the first one, the others I can live with just fine.

And DMD, I know what you mean about the backpiece. My friends call it the “trampstamp” hehe :rolleyes:
    I saw a picture of a dude with a similar lower back tattoo and I thought it looked cool so I got one… then a few years later all the chicks started getting lower back tattoos and ruined it for me 😀

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

hi there and welcome to the forum,

it aint often that you see a guy with arse antlers 😮

mumbles under breath “”” more frigging tribal”” :p only joking with ya:D

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    Outlaw;45335 wrote:
    hi there and welcome to the forum,

it aint often that you see a guy with arse antlers 😮

mumbles under breath “”” more frigging tribal”” :p only joking with ya:D

Yeah yeah yeah, keep ´em coming. I´ve heard alot of these jokes, but never “arse antlers”. Good one hehe 😀

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi and welcome

Koi make great tattoos I always fancied one on my leg actually.

As for names here is another we use in the UK

Crack Stack 😀

Looking forward to seeing your tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Nauh, ég er ekki einn hérna 😀

Welcome to the group 🙂

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    ArniVidar;45495 wrote:
    Nauh, ég er ekki einn hérna 😀

Welcome to the group 🙂

Sæll landi 🙂

Varla margir af okkur hérna. En alltaf gaman að svona spjallborðum þótt þetta sé ekki allra 🙂

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    bjornvil;45502 wrote:
    Sæll landi 🙂

Varla margir af okkur hérna. En alltaf gaman að svona spjallborðum þótt þetta sé ekki allra 🙂

YEAH! What He said!:D

Welcome from Texas. In our nation one of those tattoos is typically called a “Tramp Stamp” Can’t say I’ve seen many on guys.

Tribal…Hmmmmm.

Well, I’ll look forward to seeing more of your work. We’ll be chatting with you.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

það er ágætur til tala í Englendingar svo allir geta lesa það

i hope i got that right 😉

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil
    Outlaw;45580 wrote:
    það er ágætur til tala í Englendingar svo allir geta lesa það

i hope i got that right 😉

Hahaha, not quite. The online translation pages aren´t good for anything else than translating individual words.

It should probably be “Það er ágætt að tala ensku svo allir geti lesið það”. 🙂

And yes, we´ll keep it in english from now on for you guys 😀

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

it was worth the try, but at least you worked out what i was trying to say…….. 😀

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    Outlaw;45596 wrote:
    it was worth the try, but at least you worked out what i was trying to say…….. 😀

Those translators are always funny. It’s not always possible to decode the intended meaning behind the translation, but yours was plain enough 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.