timmitrinh
    Participant
    @timmitrinh

hi,
    As u can tell i’m new to this forum, and i’ve just gotten my tongue pierced yesterday, which also turns out to be my 1st ever piercing. I’m very satisfied with it except for the fact tht i can’t really talk yet :rolleyes: .

Just have two questions for those members out there reading this, when does my piercing stop bleeding? Like my piercing didn’t really bleed yesterday but today, its been bleeding quite a bit, but only a small amount of blood is coming out at a time (thank goodness).

And question two is,
    I’ve never have gotten a tattoo before, and i was wondering how is it getting the inner-lower lip tattooed? I mean it looks painful but i’ve also heard that the ink fades over time since its in your mouth :confused: . I honestly have no idea. But any insight on the inner lip tattoo and my small dilemma with my piercing are greatly appreciated :).

Thanks!

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

Hello and welcome, sorry can’t answer your questions but I’m sure someone will be along shortly who can…..in the meantine have a look round, check out old posts and browse the albums – take care – Karen

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

The tongue will take a couple of days to seal up and stop bleeding.

If it does not stop within 48 hours you need to get it checked as there are some major blood vessels and need to be sure you haven’t torn the tissue.

It will be at least 4 days before the swelling starts to go down but i would recommend sucking on some ice to relieve the pressure.

Do not play with the piercing and only touch it with your fingers after you have given them a serious cleaning.

Inner lip tattoos can be done but it will hurt a lot due to the large number of pain receptors that are in the mouth.

The 2 main problems are that they can blow out easily giving them a spread out look.

Also the skin cells inside the mouth slough off much more quickly (similar to hands) because of the rough treatment.

If you have questions on tattoos I have written a free ebook just click on my sig will answer many of the basic queries.

Take Care
    Matthew

timmitrinh
    Participant
    @timmitrinh

Thanks for the responses, and great, it should stop bleeding soon :).

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

In the past 20 years I’ve tattooed the inside of ten lips, and I’ve never yet seen one remain after a year. A few random spots remain, sometimes you can almost make out what it said, Now you might be thinking that is a reflection on my skill. That is fine. I’ve seen about 20 more done. Same results. Some better, some worse, but all looked like crap after a year. Prophetic Studios won’t even do inner lip tattooes anymore because they never stick, and at Universal where I used to work, we wouldn’t do them either. Same reason.

timmitrinh
    Participant
    @timmitrinh

Whoa, just one year?… kinda makes me not consider wanting one anymore…idk if i can justify the cost and pain that i’ll go through for something that temporary….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.