fluoridedm
    Participant
    @fluoridedm

I’m 18 years old, and have experienced a lot in life already, and feel that I have been influenced by a lot of different things. I’m trying to find the best unique design for my tattoo and thought this would be a good place.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi and welcome.

What design concept did you have in mind?

Take Care
    Matthew

JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

hey !

what kind of things do influence you ? what interests do you have ? etc

id be happy to input some ideas :}

fluoridedm
    Participant
    @fluoridedm

Well, it’s a long story, but the idea is that I sort of want one large tattoo to symbolize several different things which matter to me in my life.

I realize that it may be odd that because it’s going to be my first tattoo, and I’m going big straight away. My idea so far is as follows. I live in Amsterdam, and have to say that I am largely defined by the city.

My first idea is to take the coat of arms and have that as the backdrop for my tattoo.

In each X I want to have several different things depicted, I’m just not sure what yet.
    http://reluctantnomad.blogspot.com/2007/01/amsterdam-xxx.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluoridedm/3550841417/ – these are all around the site.

I would want to have the 3 X’s on the back of my calf, with a border around it, so people also dont think of it as depicting sex. I’m still working on exactly what I want to put in each x, and would appreciate ideas on what I could put in. of course nobody here knows me, but you do all maybe know what could go well, and what couldn’t.

I’m fairly sure I want more than just one thing in each X, because picking 3 things would be impossible. One idea which definitely comes to mind is to have, in one of the X’s, and in each corner of the X, to have my mom, my dad, and my two brothers in there.

Another thing which comes to mind, as either a seperate tattoo, or to have a quote tattooed as well

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there fluoridedm, an interesting analogy to the x’s ha,ha, but they represent the Saint Andrews crosses, it is believed the crosses originated with the noble family Persijn, some people liken the crosses as representing ” fire,flood and the black death but there is no historic backgound to establish this. If I maybe so bold as to suggest three x’s across the nape of the neck to symbolise the past,present and future. your geneology. it totally reflects and symbolises family. I would go further to suggest the crosses be a little more refined be a little creative in your application. The solid red,black and white retain the colours of Amsterdam, good luck Hoani

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.