TexasPatriot
    @

I am new to all of this and want to do a tat of Pepe La Pew. Has a lot of white on him, I am a Caucasian and want to put the tattoo on my shulder where it will be covered and not get any sun, Question, how will I get the white ink to show up on my skin or is it even possible to do? Help please, I wil forefever be thankful for any help you can give.

JessPete
    Participant
    @jesspete

I have some waves and my artist didn’t use white ink, just let the skin show through. It would seem to me, that on fair skin, that’s a pretty common practice.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

white should only be used as a highlight not really for solid packing, white dont normally stay white… it will change to a pale creamy colour in most cases, if you have pale skin then just get the artist to leave that space clear of any ink and to add some shading around it to make the tattoo look white, that should not be a very hard task for doing the white of a skunk.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Texas

Outlaw is absoluteley right – solid white tattoos do not stay whit for very long and break down rapidly in the body causing them to fade.

Here is an extract from my research about white pigments – if you decide to still go ahead with the tattoo – check out what they are using.

White – This pigment is used as a mixer to lighten other pigments or as a stand-alone colour. One of the main complaints about white tattoo ink is that it often fades rapidly.
    There are many ingredients that can be used but the main one to avoid is any made with lead carbonate also known as Mixed white. This is very toxic to the human bloodstream.
    Barium Sulphate also known as Barium white is not known to have any significant hazards to the human body.
    Titanium dioxide also known as Titanium white is another ingredient, which does not have any significant hazards to the human body.

Oddly the lead sulphate is the one that has the longest staying power but will cause severe problems to your brain and organs if you use it.

Take Care
    Matthew

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

There is another way if the color white is essential to your tat2, toning, create an image a shade darker than your natural skin color that way white is a second but prominent finish. Using practice skins is a foolproof way of checking your handywork, good luck Hoani:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.