mohawk19
    Participant
    @mohawk19

I’m jake & I’ve got 1 tattoo right now, working on an idea for adding 2 more as soon as I can get the design worked out the way I see it in my head.

Just found this forum and it looks like a great place for information and ideas. I’ll work on adding a pic tomorrow if I get a chance. Glad to be here!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

welcome to the forum jake

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Jake

Welcome to the forum and what is your idea for the new ink?

Take Care
    Matthew

pinkiesue
    Participant
    @pinkiesue

hi jake i am new to this forum too i have 4 tattoos though two on my left shoulder, one on my right ankle and a new one on my right fore arm which is itchy as all heck. i am tying to find out if you can use polysporin or not some say yes some say no . maybe you can help unclutter my brain a bit . what do you use since i cant use the tattoo goo that normally i would get from the tattoo shop

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Dude, just use an unscented lotion. It soothes, and if applied like 500 times a day, helps prevent the worst itching and cracking drying out gives you. I promise you the shit they sell in tattoo shops does not work better. They’re basically just there as a way for the shop to get more of your money.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

mohawk19
    Participant
    @mohawk19

Hi all & thanx for the welcome!

Sherav;38982 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum and what is your idea for the new ink?

Well, lets see. I have a real hard time explaining my idea for the next ink I want (guess that’s why I dont have it yet lol) but I’ll try. Guess you could call it party tribal-ish and party ‘gang’ looking in a very odd way. I’m in no way affiliated with a gang or want to give off that impression through the tat, I just like the old english font style for lettering & most people around here refer to it as ‘gang’ lettering. I’m working with a very talented artist at the moment & I think we’re making progress. It’s just going slow. I’ll post pics as soon as we agree on a sketch.

Quote:
    … i am tying to find out if you can use polysporin or not some say yes some say no . maybe you can help unclutter my brain a bit . what do you use since i cant use the tattoo goo that normally i would get from the tattoo shop

pinkiesue, I highly recommend a ‘Hemp stick’. I really do. I said that in another thread but it bears repeating because it’s good shit. I wouldn’t use bepanthan if you gave me a lifetime supply. It’s got petroleum (draws ink out) and paraffin wax (clogs pores) AND it doesn’t even have a preservative even though it’s a water based product, meaning you’d have to be super careful to not grow bacteria right in the tube. I researched all of the different recommendations & found that bepanthan and savlon both have too many drawbacks. The Hemp stick is all natural with a list of ingredients that are beneficial to quick healing (I checked em all out first) and I don’t have to worry about having a reaction to it like some people have had. A good unscented lotion also helps, just read the ingredient list first. Polysporin has polymyxin and bacitracin, both good antibiotics, but again… it’s petroleum based.

Here’s the link to the Hemp stick I use, in case you wanna check it out:
    http://thesoappeddler.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=32

apostle228
    @

welcome to the forum!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    KnightHawk;39140 wrote:
    Dude, just use an unscented lotion. It soothes, and if applied like 500 times a day, helps prevent the worst itching and cracking drying out gives you. I promise you the shit they sell in tattoo shops does not work better. They’re basically just there as a way for the shop to get more of your money.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

i always give my clients a tub of bepanthen to take with them, dont sell it, its just part of the aftercare with an instruction sheet.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Whats up Jake

Glad you found the forums – a bunch of very cool people here!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.