longinus
    Participant
    @longinus

ok well, i am new to the forum, of course. i have been in the army for the last 6 years, and i am currently serving my second tour in iraq. i will be home in two months, thank god, and hopefully i will be able to get a job then that keeps me from having to go back any time soon. i am at the army “crossroads” as far as careers go, i guess. i made rank fast (i am a staff sergeant-E-6) which i made in 5 years. partly because i am enlisted with a college degree and partly because i think the combat branch of the army is a good fit for me-oh yeah my job is a tank commander. and if you are wondering-yeah being in command of 70 tons of kick your teeth in armor is pretty f’n badass at times. unfortunately the army’s need for tanks in iraq ended with my last tour, so i don’t even have a tank this time. basically armor crewmen just become extra infantry now.
    anyway i am at a point in my army career now where i can go offline for a while geting a drill instructor or recruiter type job which will give me a little more time with my family. i have been married 4 years and been with my wife for 9 months when all the training and deployments are taken into account. i have a three year old daughter, too, who has never even really seen me for more than a few months at a time. i did my time and i am looking forward to being with them.
    anyway, thats pretty much it. i have extensive ink-3/4 sleeve on my right arm, working on left arm sleeve. mainly blackwork, but have a big raging water half-sleeve on my right arm with some bright blues. got lots of room for more, though!

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4

Welcome Longinus. You sound like you’re in the same place in your life as my brother. He just returned from his second tour in Iraq in the last few weeks. He’s spending time with his wife and 3 little girls while trying to determine where he wants to go. Good luck and I hope you return safely.

Cheers,
    -Rev

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Hi and welcome:D Great that you’re finally going to get some time with your family, put some pics up of your ink when you get a chance.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

welcome to the forum, it sounds like you lead a great life.
    I want a tank to get to work on a morning. roads are a bloody nightmare.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi & welcome

Looking forward to seeing your ink.

Take Care
    Matthew

vala
    Participant
    @vala

hello mate. whereabouts are you in iraq?
    on the COB in Basra or at one of the 3 (think there’s just 3) camp’s in Baghdad?
    i’m in the british army and spent my first tour of iraq in Basra on the COB and a couple of weeks ago had to deploy on a short op for a week to Baghdad (although we popped over to Basra as well).

oh…and welcome to the forum:)

longinus
    Participant
    @longinus

actually i am in a cob we built in amarah. living in tents and eating rockets is so much fun lemme tell ya. we took this area over from the brits back in may of 08. this place sucks bad

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

hi there and welcome to the forum, sorry i missed this one earlier..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.