chrisirving
    Participant
    @chrisirving

hey everyone.

new here just recently had my first tattoo started and another appointment today so thought i would join a forum.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Welcome to the forum Chris.
    Looking forward to viewing your ink.

Take Care
    Matthew

chrisirving
    Participant
    @chrisirving

http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-first-tattoo-t10908.html

thanks mate. i put some pics in another section theres the link. would love your opinion

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Chris

That is a very tasty first tattoo – damn brave one for the size of it 🙂
    I always like birds of prey and I will at some point get one done on my thigh.
    I really like the way the tattoo is coming on.

As it is work in progress I will just make some general constructive comments;

The shape of the wings are done very nicely but I would suggest more outline definition and shading in them especially in the upper wing section. Thsi will bring out the feathers to a more life-like appearance.
    This will also ‘flesh’ out the bird nicely.

Also some more shading and outline of the body would work well to give the bird individual feathers or more musculature – they are very powerful in the chest area.

It is also important that the claws do not get smothered by the feathers and the branch have it so that they are well defined and maybe a little longer or more hooked?

The eyes are very important as they should have a gleam of menace within them.
    With the beak I would have it done so that the predominant colour is yellow with shading to define the sharp curve. Mayeb make it a bit more cruelly hooked.

Personal choice but maybe some shading around the outside of the bird as well – suggesting high up in the branches and clouds.

As I say great tat and my suggestions are purely that.

Take Care
    Matthew

chrisirving
    Participant
    @chrisirving

well that is one good reply mathew,

Your thoughts are the same as mine. we are leaving the head and talons to last then we can decide whats best to do. thanks for the suggestions on a surounding but i think that will be a year down the line.

it bloody hurt today on my spine haha.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

I like the look of it so far, I hope there is lots of colouring

chrisirving
    Participant
    @chrisirving
    smallville_hero;35631 wrote:
    I like the look of it so far, I hope there is lots of colouring

colouring in what sense?? eagles are pretty much black

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Chris

Actually that is only the surface feathers which are that colour to reflect the deep rays of the sun. On closer look many have different shades of brown, black, and even grey. This is usually on the underside of the wing and the body.

Their throat feathers are used to attract mates which is why they are much brighter.
    Just saying so you don’t have to be shy about getting some shades of dark colour in there.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.