Flossiew
    Participant
    @flossiew

Hey lo!

Im Hannah i live in Scotland and I want a tattoo.

I know what i want and where – that hasnt cahnged in teh past 6 eyars of wanting to get one.

My gorgeous boyfriend is going to buy it for my 21st birthday – but oh man am i scared.

SO anytips on a stressless painless tattoo would be great – other than getting blind drunk!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Hannah

I am from Leeds myself – how you coping with snow? 🙂

First of all don’t drink alcohol – it causes the tattoo to bleed out a lot more as does taking coke,speed, e’s and smoking weed.

Have a proper meal before you get it done and also have a fizzy drink and plenty of water.

Depending on where you are getting a tattoo it starts at around a cat scratch upwards but can numb out after an hour or so.
    You can buy numbing creams but they are very expensive and results vary.

Also try and take some music or a book and relax as much as possible.
    Once you get over the first 5 mins you will sail through it.
    Good luck and post up when you are done.

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Plus, honestly, tattoos hurt. That’s half the point, a major part of what gives them their mystic. Without pain, it’s just a pretty picture on your skin, little different than henna.

It will hurt. But not as bad as everyone tells you it will. In my experience, those of us with tons of tattoos tend to make ink virgins cry when we describe how much it’s gonna hurt. After my wife got her first, she punched me in the face for how freaked out I made her vs. what it was really like. I deserved it, but it was totally worth it.

So don’t worry, make sure you got yourself a soda (or, since you’re not from America, I suppose the parlance would be “fizzy drink”), have yourself a meal before hand to help stave off shock, and above all, have fun. You’re about to join the single greatest freakin cub on the face of the planet. Old women will stop you and ask to see your “crazy young people artwork”. It’s great.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

hey hanah,
    once they have strapped you down tightly into the chair to stop you jumping around with the pain, ask them to loosen them off slightly……….. only joking girl its not as bad as you think its going to be, your first couple of lines are going to be the worst but it aint a bad pain , more of a discomfort.

Stop that worrying, ensure you have a good meal with plent of carbohydrates inside you about an hour before you go and take a bottle of coke and an mp3 player of your favourite music with you and it will be ok.
    also DONT take any asprin or other pain releif before the tattoo it thins the blood down and you will bleed like hell, and the numbing cream only works for a short time as well as prolonging the healing time.

where abouts on your body is the tattoo going, and what is it of ?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    Sherav;35183 wrote:
    Hi Hannah

I am from Leeds myself – how you coping with snow? 🙂

First of all don’t drink alcohol – it causes the tattoo to bleed out a lot more as does taking coke,speed, e’s and smoking weed.

Have a proper meal before you get it done and also have a fizzy drink and plenty of water.

Depending on where you are getting a tattoo it starts at around a cat scratch upwards but can numb out after an hour or so.
    You can buy numbing creams but they are very expensive and results vary.

Also try and take some music or a book and relax as much as possible.
    Once you get over the first 5 mins you will sail through it.
    Good luck and post up when you are done.

Take Care
    Matthew

I had a real bleeder the other day, he wrekoned he only had 4 beers the night before, and was on no medication, but it was pissing out, a friend of mine told me yesterday that speed will cause the same reaction, honestly i was wiping after every tiny bit, it was shocking.

smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

My friend had his first one a few weeks ago. He said it really wasnt painful at all and lots of people use the analogy cat scratch. I have heard that if you go to a good tattooist with a good reputation then it shouldnt hurt really. sure you will be fine and enjoy!!

Flossiew
    Participant
    @flossiew

thanksk guys!!!

So good meal fizzy pop and music!

Im having jsut abovve my hip bone a wee line of puppy foot prints…small ones, at elast tehn i can add if i cant stand anyn more pain he he

Charlie888
    Participant
    @charlie888

Hi Hannah
    Once you’ve decided what you want just go for it. Worry later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.