roofis303
    Participant
    @roofis303

hi all i am a 38 year old from scotland . i am a looking to buy some gear as i am good with a pen and a bit of paper and oil painting also . so i thought i would lie to try tattoo art i have found some gear for sale local to me if u guys can tell me if this is a good deal for me to buy as a starters set up . i have got some tattoos about 12 in total but they r all old school ones back in the 80s i would like to learn and give my self new ones

i thought as i can draw i may be able to tattoo i dont no i am willing to byt this set up that i see for sale for the money after all 350 ponds is not a lot of cast . so please have a look at the link and tell me if this is a good buy for me at the price thanks . i will be doing a lot of reading on this forum . i will be hanging about for a while to come i think . thanks for reading and hope someone can tell me if this is worth buying as i am going to look at it all at the weekend . cheers ppl

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/49/33585549.html

roofis303
    Participant
    @roofis303

bump anyone

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Roofis

To be honest there is a general wariness on the forum about promoting ‘newbie’ tattooists because of the health risks and ethics involved.

I am not a tattooist but I would suggest the following before parting with your hard earned cash;

Goto a local tattoo studio and see if they are willing to apprentice you. Do not take pics of tats you have done yourself but show a wide range of your artistic skills.

If they are not willing/wanting an apprentice ask if they would be willing to go through the requirements of hygiene, both personal and machine handling. Also what you need to do to work in a sterile area.

If that goes well maybe they would let you handle a machine on a fruit or skin under supervision so you will get a feel how it works.

Maybe even to offer some flash in trade if your work is good enough.

I haven’t used one but I am sure very different to using a pencil and will require a stack of practice.

I personally don’t believe in just jumping in with some equipment and a dvd and then blasting away on your own skin. That is why we call it scratching.

The risks of infection are great (to yourself and others if they prick themselves on a needle).

The results can often be lousy – using a needle that goes in and out of flesh is a delicate business – you slip it’s messed up

I would not rush but take your time and practice your art before buying a machine – even if you state it is just for yourself it is always tempting to work on a friend and that can lead to major issues (Hep HIV etc etc).

Not meaning to bash – just been honest.

Also yes it seems cheap but I would also be wary buying second-hand – despite the above has it been sterilised, does it work, will you get jacked over when you turn up with the cash etc etc.

Take Care

Matthew

roofis303
    Participant
    @roofis303

i am aware what i am getting into . but at the end of the day everyone has to learn new skills . i only asked if this kit in the link was worth the cash thats all . i am not planning on buying this gear and giving my self tattoos in 3 weeks no no . even if it takes a couple of years to be at a level where i can use the kit on my self . thats all i am looking to do . anyway back to the question on what i was looking for is this a good deal for the cash

why do ppl want to always give other ppl a reality check . human nature i guess

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Roofis

It is because deep down all human beings are evil.. 😀
    Well maybe not but in answer if the kit is all working and is as described.

Yes it is a good price.

Don’t get annoyed – it’s because we all feel passionately about the subject. Also I would be keen to see your drawings on the design section.

Take care

Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

personally i would say dont touch it, I cant see any point in you spending all that cash on something that you might be shit at, you might as well buy yourself a cheap machine, power supply and a few disposible needles and tubes from EvilBay.. if your only going to be using it on fruit or pigskin, and if you find that you can master it, you can buy some decent equipment later on when you are progressing

just because you can draw and paint does not mean that you will be able to tattoo, its totally different.

dont jump in and buy loads of stuff in a kit, most of it you wont use…… also mind the quality as you know what rymes with kit…. S**T

personally i dont think its a bargain anyway, if you notice nothing is named, if it was quality stuff then they would say the machine brand or model names, all the inks brand names etc…
    that leads me to think its all chinese crap and made up with tracing paper, cheep bulky stuff like bags of ink caps and such, and the cd’s with flash on are normally downloaded from the internet free of charge then saved to disk….. considdering that they state its ideal to learn the art of tattooing with , and you shouldnt practice on real skin until you have got to a confident point the concerning bit is a box of amitop gel (you wont need to use numbing cream on fruit )

PLEASE NOTE IM NOT BASHING AT YOU, I AM JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU SOME CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE

save your money…… but thats just my 0.02 pence worth

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

ok hi and welcome, my two peso’s coming in, you wont need all that shit, when you’re just going to start adorning a few fruit.:D Save your money and get some basic stuff and see if you like it and are going to be any good at it. I had to laugh i was on ebay one day looking through all the shit on there and one guy had a kit and stuff for sale, his words were ” thought i’d give tattooing a go but i really suck at it” lmao:D

roofis303
    Participant
    @roofis303

thanks for the info guys i no u r not trying to give me a dig in any way or form . i have seen the stuff on ebay and it looks quite cheap for most of the stuff needed . i no it is a totaly diff thing from drawing and painting . but it is something i am wanting to try and do . as the thought of it keep popping into my head quite often . and i am now at the point that i would like to buy some gear and start learning . i am going to call that guy tonight and have a chat with him a bit more . i dont mind spending cash on all the stuff the guy has for sale as there is a lot of stuff he is selling . as i said i am new into this never held a gun before so virgin to it all . i may ask some silly questions over the coming months

i could go and buy a set up from ebay . but i would need more stuff and then the money would go up quite a bit i am sure . i am keen on buying all this guys gear as i am sure it would get used someday in time . cheers for the help guys and thanks for the welcome ….. scott

wallace
    Participant
    @wallace

You are very powerful, I am shocked. albuquerque spa

surfman
    Participant
    @surfman

Hey guys

I just got my first tattoo done! I would like some feedback on how well it is healing. I also Would like to say the artist who did it is very talented and you can see His work in my latest video! I can recommend Him for anyone looking for a new Tattoo. I think the tattoo is amazing quality, Please share your opinions!!! Thanks!!!

Marco

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.