EpicInk
    Participant
    @epicink

Hello to all, I’m new to the art of tattooing and looking to get my first tattoo (very) soon. Any suggestions about where to go in LA? –> close to Silver Lake, West Hollywood, North Hollywood, The Valley

Thanks,

EpicInk

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Hi Mate. Go and visit some local shops. Check out the art & different styles between em all……Bound to be some shit hot studios in those areas.

EpicInk
    Participant
    @epicink

Thanks, I plan on looking around this weekend! I checked some places out online, and they appear within walking distance.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

Dude have you been up and down hollywood blvd? I drove down it and like everyother store was a tattoo shop… some looked a lil run down and the others looked pretty decent. You should take a nice walk down it and check them out.

hmmm im pretty sure its Hollywood Blvd… i could be wrong but im sure it was.

scottishbeagle
    Participant
    @scottishbeagle

welcome!! I am pretty new here also, but really enjoying it so far!

Ironmax
    Participant
    @ironmax

Yup, what they all said. Welcome. And visit lots of tattoo shops, check out the artists, look at the work they have done, talk to other customers. That’s how you find a good place to have your piece done!

misskandi
    Participant
    @misskandi

Seems like there’s some solid advice in this thread to get you started on the right path. Good luck, and remember to post some pictures afterward (ooh, how we love to ogle those babies). n_n

EpicInk
    Participant
    @epicink

Right on, thanks for the advice everyone. I’m new to LA so I still have a lot of exploring to do!

EpicInk

boomertw
    Participant
    @boomertw

Good luck man. The first tat is always the most memorable so choose wisely and “GO WITH YOUR GUT.” I agree with everyone else…..If you can’t find a tat in L.A. you’ll never find one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.