Demure
    Participant
    @demure

How’s it going? I’ve been searching all evening for a tattoo forum with members and decent conversation. This one seems to fit my needs the best. So I’m excited to start posting.

Now a little about me:
    I’m 21 years old and I live in Kansas USA. I’m female and I’ve never had a tattoo before! I plan to get one in March on my Spring Break. The tattoo artists in Texas are far better than those that reside in Kansas, so I’m going to be taking a little trip.

I myself am a student majoring in Pre-Med; my specialty will be in Radiology. I also work at a retail clothing store.

My hobbies are:
    I sing, dance, party, game, draw, graphic art, photography, music, cars, computers, fashion, etc.. I’m very versatile. I’m very open-minded and well-rounded.

As far as personality goes, I’m really shy until I get to know someone. (Hence the name Demure.) I’m very caring and I love to listen to what other people have to say. I take in information rather than giving it. Ha.. does that make me greedy for knowledge? I’m very sarcastic in the dry sort of way.

In this forum I plan to ask a lot of questions because I don’t know that much about tattoos. Since I plan on getting one very soon, I want to know as much about it as I can.

If you wanna say hi, by all means, do so!

-Demure

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Well hello there! I just answered one of your others posts and you do give out very good information, not just recieve it! I want to say Welcome to the forum, and if you have any serious questions about yours, or any ones tattoos for that matter, feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to help you with it. Getting your first tattoo can be a very good experience or a very bad one, depends on what you know to look for in an artist. Take care and good luck……..

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

hey ๐Ÿ™‚

sounds like you’re going about things the right way for your first tattoo ๐Ÿ™‚

you seem to be rather well informed ๐Ÿ™‚

you know what kind of style you want yet? and where?

Joe

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

It’s going to be a dragon/serpant with cherry blossoms entangled. It’ll be a rib panel and fairly large for my size. (I’m very thin and delicate.) The dragon/serpant will be black and scaley. Neither chinese nor japanese though. I think the faces on them are too masculine. I want mine to be very feminine but feirce at the same time.

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

@Demure 23844 wrote:

It’s going to be a dragon/serpant with cherry blossoms entangled. It’ll be a rib panel and fairly large for my size. (I’m very thin and delicate.) The dragon/serpant will be black and scaley. Neither chinese nor japanese though. I think the faces on them are too masculine. I want mine to be very feminine but feirce at the same time.

sounds interesting ๐Ÿ™‚ so something of a more european design?

coool ๐Ÿ™‚

Libertine
    Participant
    @libertine

Hi there just want to give you my upmost respect for choosing your ribs as your first tattoo , but if you want some advice i would choose somewhere else for a first tattoo even if you have a little one somewhere else first to get an idea how it feels because once you start the outline then there is no turning back . My reason for this is ive got my arms legs and back tattooed yes all them places hurt aswell but your ribs is a different kind of pain i almost found it unbearable at times. I also now of a few people who have had ribs started and never finished because of this and they was big blokes, the one wanted a japanese woman up his side 3 years later he still has the out line of a stilleto shoe.
    If you do go with the ribs still then good luck youll need it ๐Ÿ™‚
    As for the design you say your choosing it sounds very cool.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

I was gonna agree with this first and foremost but hey different people all have different pain tolerances.

and like it or not guys women tend to have a higher tolerance than we do. i recall seeing something similar on some huge guy a few years ago where he had most of a tattoo finished on his stomach. then he couldnt take it anymore. and one of my friends has 7 lines on his back now. the first two were from eyars ago when he first passed out and the next five are from his most recent trip to the tattoo artist when he passed out again. some people pain threshholds are just plain wierd

Anyways good luck with your tat and of course get some pics of it up on here as soon as you can.

Libertine;23854 wrote:
    Hi there just want to give you my upmost respect for choosing your ribs as your first tattoo , but if you want some advice i would choose somewhere else for a first tattoo even if you have a little one somewhere else first to get an idea how it feels because once you start the outline then there is no turning back . My reason for this is ive got my arms legs and back tattooed yes all them places hurt aswell but your ribs is a different kind of pain i almost found it unbearable at times. I also now of a few people who have had ribs started and never finished because of this and they was big blokes, the one wanted a japanese woman up his side 3 years later he still has the out line of a stilleto shoe.
    If you do go with the ribs still then good luck youll need it ๐Ÿ™‚
    As for the design you say your choosing it sounds very cool.
    Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Thank you for such supportive feedback!

Libertine: I don’t want any other tattoos. I want this one substantial tattoo and then that’s it. I don’t really like small tattoos. Well not on me anyway. I want to do this in a classy/sophisticated way and a tester is just… not my style.

turbosatan: I’ve been known to nose-dive into things no matter the pain or struggle. I don’t plan on turning back on this either.

I had braces for about ten years and that’s pretty painful. I’ve also been in a car accident. I had a chest wall-contusion and other bruising. I don’t think anything could be as painful as a car accident. I hate shots and IV’s so much that in the ambulance I told them not to give me an IV or any pain meds. Haha.. Go figure..

thelastrolo: Yes something European or of my own mind.

I’ll get pictures after it’s done. But this isn’t going thru until around March the 17th so hold tight kids!

Libertine
    Participant
    @libertine

Glad your so ademant on the tattoo you want that means you put a lot of thought into it., but you was asking for advice and im giving you mine, i just wanted to let you know it does hurt there, it is very tender and cant be compared with the pain of braces or anything else all pain is different.
    Hope you do find it pain free looking forward to seeing it ๐Ÿ™‚

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

haha thanks!

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

It’s nice to hear some real dedication to an idea… my first “propper” tattoo was from hip to hip and I guess that hurt a bit but I find that it’s all mental attitude towards pain… It seems like you’ve got a decent handle on your pain tolerance so I look forward to seeing some awesome ribs ๐Ÿ˜€

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Nice, do you have a picture?

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

I do but cos Im in work I cant upload anything at the moment… Ill see if I can find one now ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.