Haji DNatrix
    Participant
    @haji-dnatrix

Hello, I was looking for tattoo info. and ran across this site. I hope to learn as much as I can from as many of you as possible and share the knowledge of my own to others as I gain experience. I have been interested in the art of tattoo since I was young and never really had the confidence to try it myself. With so many horror stories out there I don’t want to be part of one. I really love to draw but I put it down in the last few years because of my job. Time for a career change! I t’s not about the money it’s just about doing what makes me happy and if I can share it with others in this way… awesome!! Any info tips tricks are definitely welcome.

I purchaced a couple machines a few years ago… crap.
    Along with needles/ink and everything to get started…. all crap!!
    If anyone has any suggestions on some Good Qulity Equipment…. I’m all ears.
    I know preferrence is different with everyone though.

Thank in advance… Haji D’Natrix

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

What’s up Haji D’Natrix, glad to have ya’ at the forum. There are alot artist who know what their doing here, so hope you like it. As for equipment it depends largely on what kind of money your talking about. Their are alot of great machines out there, some good prices, and some are very expensive. The very first machine I bought was a Spaulding Rogers Reaper I believe, and to tell you the truth that machine was one of the most reliable machines I have ever had, it was around 160.00 usd. at the time. Now I’ve got a custom built machine from a guy in Texas, I paid 400.00 for it, and my primary shader is a brass machine built by a guy in Louisianna, I paid 350.00 for it. I’ve gotten used machines for 80.00 but they needed work so they cost me about 110.00 total for some frame, ya know what I mean…..

So it really does depend, these are just some of the machines, not including my power supplies, clip cord, foot pedals, tubes, needles, new ink, auto clave, lights, ect……on and on and on………..

Now you could buy a new kit and use what you have and rebuild with better material when needed, as long as a machine is kept up it will do you right. Some of the cheaper machines are hard to keep adjusted, but it’s like a car you’ve had for years you know what little tricks you can do to make it happy. Again, good to have ya brother!

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

Haji

Welcome to the forums

any questions let us know

Cheers

T

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.