calin666
Participant
@calin666

I have never had a tattoo. As much as I would like to have one, I can not get a tat where I want one, because of skin issues (I have, and always will have, a problem with acne in the places I want my tats, back biceps, etc. My skin is unfortunately not a prime substrate for skin art. I hate that so much.), but I have never stopped admiring tats and the beauty of them.
I am looking at getting an inexpensive kit from lightinthebox.com to practice with (I am going to use pig ears from my local butcher).
These guns may not be all that great, but they are something to start with, especially since this may just end up being nothing more than a hobby, but eventually, I will want to upgrade to something better I am sure.
I know there is far more than just getting a gun, and get to “cutting”. This is an art form, and I would never say anything other than that.
It’s why I am here, for info.
I will post this question latter in the appropriate place, but my main question is…..
If I were going to do an actually tat on a living person…..
What are the best brands of ink to use?
I know that like anything, you get what you pay for.
I am sure that in the tat industry, there are certain brands that are better than others.
Higher pigment counts, less blow out, better quality control, that sort of thing.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
As I mentioned before, I will try and post this question in the appropriate are, but I thought I would mention that here.
Thanks for dealing with a guy that doesn’t know a lot about this. ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome
Don’t call a tattoo a tat
Don’t call a tattoo machine a gun
Can you draw? Do you have any art skills?
Can you put a portfolio together and get a proper apprenticeship?

Zero technical answers will be given here

calin666
Participant
@calin666

Thank you for the info, I will correct myself in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚
Not looking for an apprenticeship, I just want to do this as a hobby, and for the artistic enjoyment of it.
As for drawing, and skills, yeah, I think I have that to suffice for what I want to do.
If this was the wrong place to go for info on how to get started, then perhaps I came to the wrong place, if people are going to take things to seriously.
If I made a mistake for being some what light hearted, then I apologize, and, I apologize for using the wrong terminology.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

You need to read the post: “So you want to be a tattoo artist”.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

We are light hearted here but somethings only belong in a trailer park tats, guns and scratchers. You seemed to hit all 3 of them

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@calin666 147330 wrote:

Thank you for the info, I will correct myself in the future. ๐Ÿ™‚
Not looking for an apprenticeship, I just want to do this as a hobby.

Listen. Tattooing is NOT A HOBBY! It’s a form of surgery. If you don’t know ALL the in’s and out’s of the business, you can end up causing bodily harm to your idiot subjects.

I hope you have one fuck of a good lawyer, because if you infect somebody with hepatitis, or any other disease, you will be sued out of your jock strap!
Further, this warning is public record now.

Perhaps you should try stamp collecting.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.