Xuofmx22
Participant
@xuofmx22

I don’t think it’s a horrible tattoo but its just not me. It was originally black and gray. Ended up filling it out with color and I hate it! Does anyone have any clue on how to cover this up with a dominate black tattoo? I’m almost thinking of going straight black hand. Any suggestions would help thank u. BTW the tattoo is more faded than the pic.

fekifa.jpg

Dan
Participant
@dan

I think it looks pretty cool actually,I sure wouldn’t want a big solid black mess on my hand instead of that !

I would leave it alone. 🙂

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Sorry, but I like it the way it is. You can’t go wrong with color!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Wow, too bad you hate it, and that it is in a spot that YOU can see all the time. Bummer. (I like it!)

But since it’s on your hand, and hands are pretty prone to fading, my advice is to avoid sunscreen on it and give it a summer or two to see how much colour you can lose for free before you try to go over it. Or laser the colour. Then have it reworked by someone as skilled as whoever did that for you.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Xuofmx22 146802 wrote:

I don’t think it’s a horrible tattoo but its just not me. It was originally black and gray. Ended up filling it out with color and I hate it! Does anyone have any clue on how to cover this up with a dominate black tattoo? I’m almost thinking of going straight black hand. Any suggestions would help thank u. BTW the tattoo is more faded than the pic.

Like I said and others have said,

I like it,

what don’t you like about it ?

Xuofmx22
Participant
@xuofmx22

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just think I jumped the gun on a hand tattoo. I think it’s more the fact that I got a hand tattoo than anything. Imo I think my hand looks like a box of crayons, none of my other tattoos have color like this. Im not sure of what colors i could change to make it good in my eyes. The orange definitely has to go. I’ve just thought of a lot of tattoos I would have preferred getting rather than this. More disappointed in my poor decision making than anything. I do appreciate everyone’s compliments it does make me feel better. Thanks

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Laser. You dont want a solid black hand. Spend the money. Youll thank me later.

Xuofmx22
Participant
@xuofmx22

I was mainly being sarcastic about the black hand. But yes I’ll thank u. If you give me thousands of dollars to remove lol

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Xuofmx22 146814 wrote:

I was mainly being sarcastic about the black hand. But yes I’ll thank u. If you give me thousands of dollars to remove lol

Thousands? Have you ever priced laser treatments? My guy would probably do 50-75$ a session.

Xuofmx22
Participant
@xuofmx22

No I have not. But I do know it wouldn’t take hundreds of dollars. Therefore we are in the thousands. That’s a damn good price you have from your guy. I’ve never researched prices but I’ve seen many smaller tattoos that were just faded black costing more than what you are speaking of. I’ll have to check around my area to see

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Ok let me try this again. You will not spend “thousands” of dollars on lightening a 4″x4″ tattoo enough for a sweet coverup. It will be hundreds of dollars.

Xuofmx22
Participant
@xuofmx22

Ok let me try this. Where in any of your posts does it say anything about just lightening the tattoo?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Alright buddy good luck. Glad i could help.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

dominate black tattoo

tumblr_m34zvyWyWD1qg4o1do1_1280.jpg

tattootony
Participant
@tattootony

I would not go all black. Personally I would laser it off if you don’t want it. Tattoo’s on your hands you have to really love, because you are sacrificing a lot in terms of potential employment to have them. Best of luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.