AP1916
Participant
@ap1916

Mask is done. Open to suggestions for the snake and koi. Having a ridiculous hard time getting images to work. Just let people use attachments. Jeez.

My album also has pics of my sleeve that’s on the same side as this rib piece, in case that would matter for colors or whatever.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=7879&attachmentid=13879

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I bet your artist knows how they would like to see it coloured. Don’t you trust them?

AP1916
Participant
@ap1916

@Call_me_Lola 145283 wrote:

I bet your artist knows how they would like to see it coloured. Don’t you trust them?

Whether or not I trust my artist has nothing to do with color suggestions. I picked the colors for the mask. My artist lets me have input.

Does your artist just color your pieces in without telling you at all what colors he/she is using?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@AP1916 145284 wrote:

Whether or not I trust my artist has nothing to do with color suggestions. I picked the colors for the mask. My artist lets me have input.

Does your artist just color your pieces in without telling you at all what colors he/she is using?

I have input with my tattoo artist. I make general suggestions and I let him run with it. I had only several things I really wanted. Anthurium flowers,(red) Fiddle leaf philodendron leaves,(green) a sewer manhole and a lobster grabbing my right nipple.(lobster color).

I just figured that he’s needled me for 136.5 hours. I usually find out what it looks like when he’s finished.
My only requirement is that nothing looks like a penis.

AP1916
Participant
@ap1916

Haha. I just want the colors to contrast enough to look good and not blend together.. so I guess like something darker for both would work fine. Maybe I’ll print out this picture and color it in myself a bunch of different times. lol

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@AP1916 145284 wrote:

I always give my tattooists 100% artistic freedom they are the artist not me. If I didn’t trust them to do me right I wouldn’t have picked them in the first place.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Agreed. I don’t have any colour work personally. I’m far to pessimistic an individual to have bright colours all over me, but even with my black and grey work I give them a rough idea of what I want and then I sit back and wait to see the end result and I’ve always been happy because I trust the people I go to

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@AP1916 145284 wrote:

They are artists and know about contrast, hue, and value. I don’t. If they ask me what colour I want, I tell them to do the piece the way that they would like to see it done. Sometimes at that point they tell me the direction they want to go, sometimes they just start pouring ink.

If there is something more specific I want (for example, a red rose) then that is what I ask for.

In your case, you don’t seem to have specific colours you want to use which is why I suggested letting the artist choose.

AP1916
Participant
@ap1916

@Call_me_Lola 145313 wrote:

They are artists and know about contrast, hue, and value. I don’t. If they ask me what colour I want, I tell them to do the piece the way that they would like to see it done. Sometimes at that point they tell me the direction they want to go, sometimes they just start pouring ink.

If there is something more specific I want (for example, a red rose) then that is what I ask for.

In your case, you don’t seem to have specific colours you want to use which is why I suggested letting the artist choose.

Right on. Seems to be the consensus here to let my dude pick. Like other people have said, he’s the artist, so he probably knows better than I do.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@kittykat200 145305 wrote:

I’m far to pessimistic an individual to have bright colours all over me,

LOL sorry(no insult intended),but that’s funny,it makes me think of like 1966 KGB people,as if you drive a dark colored sedan,wear gray & dk blue & black clothing, scarf on the head, LOL your name is “Olga”
russian.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

lol im just not a “bright colours” person, a majority of my wardrobe is black grey and navy blue. I just can’t imagine having big brightly coloured patterns on my body, it would be too stark a contrast to my dark and twisty personality lol

RHCPinYourStep
Participant
@rhcpinyourstep

I’ve generally seen worse work come out of fully dictated tattoos, while the fully free potential of an artist bares much better results.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

please stop…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.