poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

So after being a big tease, here they are! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Remis was on Sunday, and what was initially intended to be a quick 5-hour tattoo… Well, it escalated!! So we’re gonna need at least one more session on it, and because it’s extremely detailed, gonna be full realism etc, we only marked it out this time. Technically I got what I asked for, because I initially asked for a flower and well.. One flower IS finished! The iguana is gonna be rainbow colored basically, (google “rainbow iguana” and there is your reference pic. Yeah that colorful), so it doesn’t look like much yet, but it’s gonna be amazing! Totally awesome guy though, I’ve never met an artist who has so much fun working before :p Racecar sounds were included.

Remis at work.. Slightly detailed stencil. Yeah drawing it up took a little while…

Carlos did a skull based on a picture he took, pretty sweet set up with Carlos Rojas and Nikko Hurtado tattooing in the same room, meaning I was starstruck, awkward and a bit of a fangirl. I tried to keep it cool. Nikko said he’d be honored to tattoo me one day so obviously now that’s gonna happen. Awesome guys, I had a blast, got a beer and strangely this was my LEAST painful tattoo EVER. Seriously, 5 1/2 hours was nothing. My skin wasn’t even red at the end… The two other dudes getting tattooed now hates me. Kind of understand how Peterpoose did 16hrs with Carlos now! Oh and I’m NEVER using Inkeeze ointment again, my skull is full of little pimples now. Never happened with any tattoo I’ve got before. Fucking annoying :p

And because I’m sneaky and couldn’t help myself… ;D

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Nice stuff. Really, really nice. I’m loving the pink flowers!

And I like the sneaky shot, too!

I’ve had an artist use Inkeeze spray on me once, but not the ointment. I had no bad after-effect from the spray. I’ve never asked for numbing or bactine, but if they offer bactine and it’s been a long session I’ll take it.

Happy healing!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Thank you! It got a little “50 shades of pink” at one point, haha!

I think the fault lies with this ointment Carlos gave me to use during healing, it’s pretty heavy and my skin doesn’t like that :p
    I got numbing once when I had my shin done, as I had some nerve damage after surgery and the pain was absolutely horrible at the end, didn’t have any bad after-effect from that! No numbing or bactine this time ๐Ÿ™‚

All three off them went on and on about how my skin was absolutely perfect for tattooing, pale, didn’t get red or swollen at all. But now? Yeah. Lil bit. My arm hates me ;D The tattoos are slightly connected so I’ve got two different phases of healing within milimeters of eachother… Oh the joys of healing.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

So rad! Man i need to step it up. Lmao.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Fanfuckickingtastic. You really have a great collection

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Brilliant as expected. Ye Carlos is like being tattooed by a feather lol

I never use any of the shit they give away, I just stick to my routine of water and bep.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah I’m growing quite proud of my collection! Now known in my circle of friends as “the one that doesn’t get tattooed quite like the rest”. I take it as a compliment.

Peter; Last time I was given something it was redemption and I loved it so I thought I’d give it a go. Bad choice. But found a solution and now it’s just a bit red where they were.

Awkward position now though. Local tattoo convention tomorrow. REALLY wanna sign up for best black&grey with the Torres piece, but it’s not fully healed yet… Almost all dry skin gone, but some left on the blackest parts and as mentioned some redness. Should I still go for it? I mean… I’ll probably still win.
    Also going for best color (sternum piece) and best weird stuff (octopus on shin).

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@poxphobia 141525 wrote:

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah I’m growing quite proud of my collection! Now known in my circle of friends as “the one that doesn’t get tattooed quite like the rest”. I take it as a compliment.

Peter; Last time I was given something it was redemption and I loved it so I thought I’d give it a go. Bad choice. But found a solution and now it’s just a bit red where they were.

Awkward position now though. Local tattoo convention tomorrow. REALLY wanna sign up for best black&grey with the Torres piece, but it’s not fully healed yet… Almost all dry skin gone, but some left on the blackest parts and as mentioned some redness. Should I still go for it? I mean… I’ll probably still win.
    Also going for best color (sternum piece) and best weird stuff (octopus on shin).

Should be fine and the artist will know whether the skin is too fucked up to work on:)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@poxphobia 141525 wrote:

Thanks everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

I say go for it! The judges know good from bad even when it’s not fully healed. Unless they have a ‘fully healed’ restriction – they had that rule at the Seattle show, except for Tattoo of the Day.

SHOW IT OFF!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.