Inviccy
    Participant
    @inviccy

Hey, I was talking to my dad’s friend the other day who is a tattoo artist and he told me that if ever I was to get a tattoo ( which I most definetly will ) go big because if i get a small it will just get in the way of future tattoos, cause he told me you cN’t just have one (?)
    I’m thinking about a shoulder, pec, sleeve personnal (?) maori tattoo if I was to go big :p

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Bigger is better ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

You can’t have just one: Confirmed
    You need to go big because the little ones just get in the way: Kinda sorta maybe not always no yes ๐Ÿ˜‰

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You gonna get a Maori face tattoo? those are cool

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@peterpoose 141353 wrote:

Bigger is better ๐Ÿ™‚

That’s what SHE said. ๐Ÿ˜€

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Go big…..

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Go BIG!

Keep us posted.

Inviccy
    Participant
    @inviccy

@buttwheat 141362 wrote:

You gonna get a Maori face tattoo? those are cool

No just like the shoulder down the arm (elbow) over the pec and shoulderblades ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was also wondering is there anyway I could integrate a black and grey koi into a tribal tattoo?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Mixing Maori with traditional Japanese? Well that’s one way to step on a lot of toes at once!

Getting a huge tribal tattoo is a horrible idea 99% of the time. Trying to integrate a completely different style in the same tattoo? Usually an even worse idea.

Yes tattoos should be big because a tiny little tribal in the middle of your arm is gonna look horrible and will get in the way for future work, but that doesn’t mean you have to start off by getting some big and bold just because you can’t think of anything better.
    Check out the link in Peterpoose signature, it will give you an idea of what can actually be done with tattoos today and how amazing they can be! So many people jump on the first and best thing like Maori, a koi or an old school ship, but there is SO much more that can be done!

Inviccy
    Participant
    @inviccy

Yeah I know but I’ve been fascinated with everything that’s maori since I was eleven and as for the Koi I’ve looked into it and I have found that it signifies strength and persiverence, the chase of a dream that is near impossible which suits exactly what I want later in life

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

A tattoo doesn’t need to have an embodied meaning for it to be meaningful to you. Koi tattoos have gotten extremely popular because everyone thinks it shows how strong they are. They can be amazing when done right and by the best artists, but a lot of horrible ones going around. It’s basically one of the new tribals.
    But I’d def suggest getting them as two separate tattoos.

Inviccy
    Participant
    @inviccy

@poxphobia 141389 wrote:

A tattoo doesn’t need to have an embodied meaning for it to be meaningful to you. Koi tattoos have gotten extremely popular because everyone thinks it shows how strong they are. They can be amazing when done right and by the best artists, but a lot of horrible ones going around. It’s basically one of the new tribals.
    But I’d def suggest getting them as two separate tattoos.

Oh okay well I’ll try looking for something else then :p Thanks anyways ๐Ÿ˜‰

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

If you want a koi then get a koi, just make sure it’s by a great artist ๐Ÿ™‚

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Inviccy 141391 wrote:

Oh okay well I’ll try looking for something else then :p Thanks anyways ๐Ÿ˜‰

Koi tattoos are fine but they are like fleas at a dog race. Everybody has them.

Find a great tattoo artist by looking at their portfolios for something that suits you.

Talk to the artist and come up with something that is designed specifically for your body.

Keep us posted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.