Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

What do you think?65e9044d7021473101684104c210afd3.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome!

First thing I noticed is it’s a one legged bird.

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

Ugh I know I know! I’m pretty bummed. I think his other leg I supposed to be hidden behind that one because of the angle. My husband says it looks great though and not to trip about it. I’m afraid that if I go in and try and add a leg or fix it, it will really make it look weird! I don’t know what to do 🙁

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I had an iguana tattooed on my leg. It was my second one. Not until I had it redone did my wife admit she didn’t like it originally.

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

Eeek! Well do you think I should add a leg?? 🙁

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I like it and I would add another leg but art is in the eye of the beholder so if you prefer it like that keep it like that, no rules to art 🙂

0hmanda
    Participant
    @0hmanda

I like the tattoo a lot. I do think it’s a bit strange without the second leg, but if it really bothers you, I’m sure a good artist could fix it right up for you. (:

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

It just makes me nervous messing with it, I’m afraid it could end up looking weirder than it already does! I think once it heals I will go in and add a leg and pray for the best. I don’t know how this happened! I’m glad there are people who still like the tattoo though, even though he’s disabled. Ha.

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

I originally wanted his legs tucked in so they weren’t so obvious. I feel like two straight legs would look weird too. Is this an easy fix? Should I add to the bottom of the tattoo with some flowers or something?

0hmanda
    Participant
    @0hmanda

@Sam331 140181 wrote:

It just makes me nervous messing with it, I’m afraid it could end up looking weirder than it already does! I think once it heals I will go in and add a leg and pray for the best. I don’t know how this happened! I’m glad there are people who still like the tattoo though, even though he’s disabled. Ha.

That makes sense. Best of luck! And the missing leg doesn’t make the rest of the tattoo weird. It’s just a little weird to see something differently than we expect it to appear.

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

Is this really much better?? I mean it’s not a good photoshop job by any means but it gives you an idea…
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fc/f0/59/fcf059ae9eb079aed1df4b22bb0aa785.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

The missing leg would bother me, but when you joked about your little disabled bird I kinda liked it. It gives him a story.

The photoshop version is a better tattoo, but the little handicapped birdie has a little bit of character. You could make up a story of how he lost his leg?? Maybe he got wounded in an Angry Birds battle. 😉

Sam331
    Participant
    @sam331

I’m too much of a perfectionist to not do something about it. Adding a leg looks weird to me too! It looks like his legs are broken and just hanging there.

I’m now thinking I will get a wreath around him to cover his leg area entirely?

Along the lines of this…I’m not an artist haha.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/1200x/36/0c/b6/360cb6195c41b2ee5de3af2a1e4bfedc.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I think the leg and or legs look weird and out of place.
    I think adding a simple background would help this tattoo a lot.

While searching for a pic of a bird tattoo with a background to show you as an example I found and love this:

28-bird-tattoo_on_chest_by_Xoil.jpg

xanderx
    Participant
    @xanderx

I’m actually more bothered by the head/neck area rather than the one leg. did you have a reference picture to begin with?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.