NewMe2014
    Participant
    @newme2014

This is 18 hours in. Small tribal band cover-up. I’m not sure why it’s done in what appears to be blue ink… and not black. The scabs are just now coming off, so I’m just now seeing that.

Tons more to do – it’s maybe 1/2 done. Still need to add a large flower in the back, and more strawberries and a bluebird on my underarm.

But I’m wondering about the quality. I’m also wondering about the time… 18 hours at this point…

Opinions?

NewMe2014’s Album: Sleeve in progress

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I’m afraid the quality is poor, I wouldn’t let that “artist” touch me. And yes 18 hours is a long time for the amount of work that is done. Find yourself a quality artist and ask them if they can fix/finish it.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It is really hard to tell what is bad. you are not healing well I don’t know if it is you, your healing method or your tattooist doing a shit job.
    Can you post a link to the tattooists portfolio? You may be better off walking away now.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Not even close to be a good coverup. I was wondering if they added tribal to your sleeve, but that was before I read that it was a coverup.

Cant even tell what is going on. Is it supposed to be a strawberry there?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

That looks terrible. I would find somebody that specializes in cover ups and see what can be done.

NewMe2014
    Participant
    @newme2014

Thank you for your honest opinions.
    I don’t have a link to his portfolio, but the pieces I have seen look 100x better than this.
    I’m at a loss…
    I’m going to share with the tattoo artist my concerns, but not go back to him.
    I’m going to let this heal while I seek out a skilled artist.
    This sucks so bad…

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@NewMe2014 139629 wrote:

I don’t have a link to his portfolio,

Why not is this a hack working out of his kitchen? Any real tattooist has a web page or at least a facebook page.

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

Very difficult to see what is going on in the pictures, but I’d walk away just based on the shaky line work let alone anything else.

Good luck in getting it sorted,

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

that’s 18 hours ? wow,that artist works really fuckin slow !

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I want to see…..

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

I think we have a runner.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.