Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

So I’m sure you all are tired of seeing my tattoos lol but I figured I would make a thread now that all of them are finished and I was able to get updated pictures. This will also include my right arm sleeve in it’s entirety now that everything isn’t so different with parts of it being fresh while others were healed. So enjoy 😛

Had touch ups done to this on October 11th:
    005_zpsc4481867.jpg

Nothing new to report on my memorial piece but regardless, here it is anyway!
    007_zps79dfbcad.jpg

Left Arm sleeve. Touch ups also done October 11th.
    Underarm
    008_zps87759ae3.jpg
    Back of my arm
    011_zpsbfb96754.jpg
    Front of my arm
    009_zpsce663af3.jpg

Right Arm sleeve. Started in March, was completed in it’s entirety October 31st
    Front of my arm
    013_zps2cff68e7.jpg
    Back of my arm
    014_zpscdf7ff33.jpg
    016_zps410b1f96.jpg
    Inside of my arm
    015_zpsa1d6cb9f.jpg
    018_zps17b62c36.jpg

All of my tattoos were completed by the same artist. My Ankh was done by someone else originally and he made it look awesome again. I don’t foresee myself going to anyone else locally, but if I ever get the chance to be tattooed by someone well known I definitely would jump on it. Doubt i’ll be posting my tattoos again for a while, at least not until I have something new to show off.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Really nice work there M.O.P.!

Tattoos to be damn proud of.

(A Very Merry Christmas to you)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Sam-I-Am 136845 wrote:

Really nice work there M.O.P.!

Tattoos to be damn proud of.

(A Very Merry Christmas to you)

You bet i’m proud to wear them. I get compliments every day at work!
    A Merry Christmas to you Sam 🙂

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I like the skull and green/blue/red roses.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I love those trippy roses. Agreed with Pox.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Still looking good, I much prefer when the ink has settled into the skin!

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I wanted something other than traditional red roses so I showed him a few of similar colors. Came out awesome, definitely unique I’d say lol

I think I’ll always be a fan of how tattoos look right after they are done but mine have remained just as bright.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mistress_Of_Pain 136870 wrote:

I think I’ll always be a fan of how tattoos look right after they are done but mine have remained just as bright.

Moisturizing regularly seems to keep tattoos bright.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Still really liking the Grandpa one

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@buttwheat 136877 wrote:

Still really liking the Grandpa one

Thanks Butt!

Sam, I apply lotion or cocoa butter every day. If I plan to be out in the sun at all or have my tattoos visible in sunlight I also always apply sunscreen. I’ve gone through more bottles of sunscreen in the last few years than I have my entire life. Call me OCD but I paid good money for my work, I don’t want them to fade faster than they will as I age.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Funny, I didn’t take care of my skin when I had skin cancer as well as I do since getting tattoos!
    The best sun screen I’ve found is Margaritaville brand Parrot Head instant dry. SPF 50, It really does dry. (I bought a case of it)
    And yes, cocoa-butter out the ass. (Figuratively! not literally)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

The sunscreen I use is a Banana Boat brand Ultra Defense Sheer Protection. It’s in SPF 30 but I also get a 50 mostly when we’re in the mountains and we are closer to the sun. The Spf 30 works fine for around town!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@poxphobia 136855 wrote:

I like the skull and green/blue/red roses.

+1

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

@yodaddynukka 136890 wrote:

+1

I will also have to agree with this. The skull really sets up the rest of the piece and showcases the vibrant colours in contrast.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

There is a story behind that skull piece with the butterflies coming from the head. When I completed my left arm half sleeve i knew I wanted something a bit darker, a little more grotesque in a way while still staying feminine. The image of the skull and butterflies I actually found and it was titled “Life After Death”. Everything else were my ideas or his. I gave him ideas for my inner arm when it came time for that and he liked the hour glass idea the most.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.